Trying Again

mirandamdwyer
mirandamdwyer Posts: 11
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi My name is Miranda. I am from Nova Scotia Canada and I just joined. The site is great and very easy to use.

I feel I have been on a roller coaster with my eating. It has been getting bad. Every day I think tomorrow I am going to start a diet, so then I would eat what ever I could because tomorrow would be the day. But tomorrow would never come and the cycle would continue.

In January I had my first baby, a boy. I just started a diet when I found out, so I stopped dieting. And was doing good at first. After delivery I weighed 201. Now I am 197.3, and the baby is over 6 months! When I was pregnant I thought I would be a lot less by now.

With this calorie counting, I want to learn I can eat everything in moderation and don't have to go overboard because of the thought I will never be able to have the food again.

Replies

• Hi My name is Miranda. I am from Nova Scotia Canada and I just joined. The site is great and very easy to use.

I feel I have been on a roller coaster with my eating. It has been getting bad. Every day I think tomorrow I am going to start a diet, so then I would eat what ever I could because tomorrow would be the day. But tomorrow would never come and the cycle would continue.

In January I had my first baby, a boy. I just started a diet when I found out, so I stopped dieting. And was doing good at first. After delivery I weighed 201. Now I am 197.3, and the baby is over 6 months! When I was pregnant I thought I would be a lot less by now.

With this calorie counting, I want to learn I can eat everything in moderation and don't have to go overboard because of the thought I will never be able to have the food again.
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    I'm from Nova Scotia toooo =o)
    Yeah, each baby made me a little more fat! Eek!
    Good luck!! This is a great website =o))
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Welcome aboard. I know that women have an exceptionally difficult time losing weight and many of them have to deal with genes that also want to hang onto weight after having children so anything I can say would be from a guys perspective and watching the struggles my wife and daughter went through after having children.

I actually drove my motorcycle through the Canadian Maritimes last summer and spent some time riding the roads in Nova Scotia - what a beautiful place!

Good luck and just concentrate on one day at a time and things will fall into place for you.
  • Rawbrat
    Rawbrat Posts: 26
    Good luck and welcome to mfp.... yeah after I had two kids I got bigger but I am 37lbs lighter and on my way to a weightloss goal of 150lbs.... so hop on the train and good luck woohoo hehe
This discussion has been closed.