People of Canada and the USA I have a question!!

Options
HBean
HBean Posts: 55
I live in England and I've never been to Canada or the USA so my question is: What do you love most about where you live? I'm looking forward to seeing some of your answers and finding out about different places :smile:

Replies

• qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I live in Calgary Alberta Canada. I love the rocky mountains, I love the Calgary Stampede, I love that in a city of a million people we still have a small town feel.
  • carcar03
    carcar03 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Toronto, Ontario
    Canada
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I live in Portland Oregon (USA) I love the fact that I live 2hrs form the beach and about an hour from a mt with great skiing! I also love the fact that it's green here all year round. :0)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Ohio. There we had gloomy summers full of rain, and harsh winters as low as -20F with foot after foot of snow. I enjoyed the rain very much, and liked running through the mud even as an adult. I also grew up next to a large lake, where I could sit and watch the sun set (while getting destroyed by mosquitoes.. :grumble: )

Now I live in southern Arizona, a huge change of climate from where I grew up. I really love the scenery here, cactus everywhere, flat plains suddenly change into rising mountains. Shrubs all around with lizards and snakes and scorpions, nature's wonders (even though they are very dangerous!) I very much enjoy the immense heat, in the summer months it is not uncommon to see 2-4 weeks straight of 110F weather. Sad that it only rains maybe 5 times a year, and those rains are very weak and pathetic. They call them 'monsoons' but they are certainly the weakest most pitiful rain I have ever witnessed. There is no winter here. Don't let anyone complain about the 2 days in a year where it gets to be 20F. That is not winter. That is simply a chilly day.

How about England? What is is like there?
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Denver, Colorado. I love my mountains and 300 days of sunshine a year! I also love living in a progressive, smaller city.
  • ephifer
    ephifer Posts: 3
    Options
    I love the age difference. I've been to Scotland, and the land is just steeped in history. As amazing as that is, the US /feels/ younger, even in Charleston, our oldest city, especially when compared. The only time the dirt around here has felt really old to me has been when I've found an arrowhead. Oh, and I love watching the Blue Mountains grow as you move from Columbia up to the Piedmont.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I live in Portland Oregon (USA) I love the fact that I live 2hrs form the beach and about an hour from a mt with great skiing! I also love the fact that it's green here all year round. :0)

I live about 40 minutes from Portland and I agree with this.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Toronto, Canada. We have beautiful summers.
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    Great question!
    I live in Medford, Oregon (USA). We have awesome mountains, rivers and lakes and are only 2 hours from the beach. We have all 4 seasons.....although Spring is taking it's sweet time in coming. It so beautiful and there is so much to do - outdoor wise! Tell us about where YOU live! :flowerforyou:
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I live in Vancouver British Columbia (Canada). I'm surrounded by ocean and mountains, rivers and lakes! Lots of rain, but everything is plush and green. We have a great city here, Vancouver, where we just hosted the winter Olympics, so much fun! We also have lots of back country for the adventurous!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I live in Florida in the U.S. What I love best about where I live is sweltering heat, mosquitos, and hurricanes. Oh, and snow birds.

Just joking... :)
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I live in Windsor ON Canada and honestly there isnt much amazing about this place!! We are flat, our pollution is brutal, allergies tend to spike while here. Our summers are insanely humid. I dont hate it here but I definitely do not love it! Ive been to other parts of Canada such as out west and its amazing out there. The air is fresh and the scenery is breath taking, plus little to no humidity. I would say the only thing that can be really convenient and good about living here is that we are a border city. I can be in Detroit Michigan in 15 minutes where the shopping is much better! Oh and we get free health Care!!!
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    I live in England and I've never been to Canada or the USA so my question is: What do you love most about where you live? I'm looking forward to seeing some of your answers and finding out about different places :smile:

I live in Colorado. I love the mountains/gorgeous views, the weather, having four seasons and the hiking/running/biking/skiing/snowboarding opportunities.
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I live in Calgary Alberta Canada. I love the rocky mountains, I love the Calgary Stampede, I love that in a city of a million people we still have a small town feel.

Ya I live in Calgary too, and I love that the best sledding of the season was this weekend!!!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Oh, and snow birds.

:laugh:

Oh... snow birds. It's about time they fly back north, I hope.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I live in San Francisco and one of the best things about living here is that everyone says, "I love San Francisco!" :happy:

It's beautiful here. We are right on the ocean, but we are only 3 hours away from world class skiing in Tahoe. Outdoors adventures can be had year-round.

Most people would say the climate is great, but I personally would like FOUR seasons. We have about 1-1/2 :yawn:
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Denver, Colorado. I love my mountains and 300 days of sunshine a year! I also love living in a progressive, smaller city.

Me too! All of the above!
  • princessmedic
    Options
    I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico....and I love the green chili! YUM!!!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I live in the Valley just north of Los Angeles, CA. We have lots of things to do and all within easy traveling distance. Beaches, snow, amusement parks, sporting locations, concert halls, clubs of all kinds. It has a wide variety of ethnic and economical areas, so someplace for everyone.

Other side, schools not so great, taxes high, gas prices high but lots of sunshine!
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I live in the Texas Hill Country and it is wonderful. I have no neighbors and an incredible view from my living room. It's a small town and the school is elementary through high school all on one campus. I have to drive about 20 minutes to get to the nearest store but it doesn't bother me at all. The way of life is relaxed and the people are kind and well mannered. It'd a definite change of pace from growing up in a metropolitan city!