I Love Chocolate

Options
I love chocolate way too much to ever give it up! I was wondering what your "go to" was for a healthy chocolate fix.

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    chocolate.

we will never part ways. i'm on my way for my free godiva chocolate right now. for real!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Free, what, where?
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate that has 70% or more and little sugar. It tastes more like chocolate than the milky stuff filled with sugar so it is more satisfying!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    this is controversial too, but i keep chocolate in my house. it helps me to know that chocolate is not far away. i keep dove dark promises (42 calories a piece) in a candy dish, and i will eat between 3 and 5 of them per day. yep. everyday. not only is it wonderfully tasty, but it keeps me from binging. if i think i just ate my last chocolate ever, what do you think i'm going to be obsessing about relentlessly? yep. chocolate. and then i would eventually go and completely binge on some type of chocolatey goodness - i mean, waaaay overboard! but when i know i'll get a little fix each day, it actually helps to keep my calories in the green. yay for chocolate!
  • norcalbeezy
    norcalbeezy Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    semi sweet chocolate chips for 50 its only 70 calories =) perfect!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate or Nutella (watch portion sizes!) or oats with cocoa powder and a mashed banana. I think, if you are craving it, you should have a little. I certainly do not plan on living the rest of my life without chocolate. Now, about this free Godiva...
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    I also love my chocolate!!! I bought Hersheys extra dark choclate and eat one everyday (43 calories) I also will eat jello sugar free fat free pudding.:smile:
  • anzura
    anzura Posts: 171
    Options
    I buy bags of Ghiradelli 60% cocoa chips. I allow myself the serving size ...or 2 with a glass of wine. I will never give up chocolate either. Just make sure it's dark!
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    In addition to dark chocolate, I discovered raw coca bars at Whole Foods. They are absolutely amazing. They're called Righteously Raw.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    this is controversial too, but i keep chocolate in my house. it helps me to know that chocolate is not far away. i keep dove dark promises (42 calories a piece) in a candy dish, and i will eat between 3 and 5 of them per day. yep. everyday. not only is it wonderfully tasty, but it keeps me from binging. if i think i just ate my last chocolate ever, what do you think i'm going to be obsessing about relentlessly? yep. chocolate. and then i would eventually go and completely binge on some type of chocolatey goodness - i mean, waaaay overboard! but when i know i'll get a little fix each day, it actually helps to keep my calories in the green. yay for chocolate!

There is always chocolate in my house, too. I feel the same way about depriving myself. It makes me crazier.
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    You never have to give anything up. It's all about moderation :flowerforyou:. Maybe that's a little biased, coming from a chocoholic, but still... If you have calories to spare, why not? Hakuna Matata.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    70% or greater dark chocolate chopped walnuts and raisins, put the choc on top of the walnuts and raisins (on parchment paper or foil) put in a warm oven until melted then in the fridge to harden~better than a chunky bar~ can substitute and nut or dried fruit:love:
  • forkeeps
    forkeeps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I keep the little Dove Dark Promises also and when the urge hits can usually savor just one and be satisfied. Also, I eat 10 grain cereal or oatmeal for breakfast most mornings and when I went through a really bad stretch of cravings I added about 6-7 semi-sweet chocolate chips to my hot cereal and stirred it in-it was fabulous!!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Jello makes a chocolate mousse that is only 60 calories & amazingggg <3
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    70% or greater dark chocolate chopped walnuts and raisins, put the choc on top of the walnuts and raisins (on parchment paper or foil) put in a warm oven until melted then in the fridge to harden~better than a chunky bar~ can substitute and nut or dried fruit:love:

I my self would end up eating my calories worth of this everyday, hahahahhaha Its all about what you feel is "worth it" in calories.
    For example, over two years ago I gave up drinking my coffee with sugar and cream and began drinking it black just because I wanted the calories for something else....

I too believe that you can have anything you want, moderation and learning to put it away, or just have one is part of this "fantastic" new journey we are learning to navigate through, I am not there yet with chocolate, but I believe everything in time
  • joliejolie123456
    Options
    i agree with the dark chocloate suggestions. chocolate is my main craving but if i eat 2 or 3 pieces of very strong dark chocolate then the cravings go away.
  • WorkingMomGetsFit
    WorkingMomGetsFit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    There is no way I could keep it in the house! I save it for after lunch time at work and I keep it in a co workers office so I have to get up to go get it! A little crazy I know but I have no willpower when it comes to chocolate. Maybe I should attend meetings :-)

"Hello, my name is misleo7 and I am a chocaholic."
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Adora dark chocolate calcium supplements and dark chocolate almond milk are my go-to for chocolate cravings. The almond milk is higher in cals, so I mix it with vanilla almond milk in my cereal or granola so I still get the super yummy flavor but without the extra cals.
  • ravennessa
    Options
    Dark chocolate and I can also recomend raisinettes :D
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Tablespoon of nutella...so yummy! Of course dark chocolate too :o)