New Balance HRM N4??

Options
I am looking at getting my first HRM. I am mostly looking for something simple yet cost effective.I found a New Balance HRM N4 at target for 62.99...
Anyone have any info on this product that might help me decide if it is worth it...
Thanks for your help!

Replies

• Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have this one and I love it! It was easy to set up and it's super easy to use.
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    I also have this one and also bought it from Target. I LOVE it and it is easy to use and comfortable!
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    my husband has a New Balance HRM and personally, I don't think it's very accurate. He gets very different readings and sometimes it doesn't read at all.

I have a Polar FT7 and I LOVE IT! Would recommend it to anyone at around $100. REI currently has a 20% off for members and with free shipping you'd be paying around $80. Worth the extra $20.
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have it. I just bought it last week, but so far so good. It's affordable and seems to have most of the functions that the more expensive ones have.
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    My wife bought it, and it seems to be pretty accurate. She bought it at Costco for $43.99.
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I have one and I'm not happy with it. When it works, it's okay. However, the calories burned readings are way inflated. When i trusted them I didn't lose weight. The actual HR reading is trustworthy, but the algorithm it's using to calculate calories burned gives too high a count.

Also, the battery has died after less than 2 months owning it and I can't find anyone to replace the battery. Target won't replace the battery or give me a replacement. None of the other stores around here do that kind of replacement. I'm going to have to ship it to the manufacturer. I've spent more time with the thing not working than with it working.
  • bubbaduts
    bubbaduts Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've had mine 3 months and I LOVE it. Its more comfortable for a woman's wrist then the big bulky ones that are unisex.
  • mandyschalk
    mandyschalk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks For all the replys!! I Am really leaning towards getting it but I did see that REI has the 20% off right now... HMMMM....