WOOHOO!

Options
Working on 1440 calories a day.
It's gonna be really hard, but I think I can do it.
I want to lose 100 pounds by this time next year.

I have to look good for Prom.

Replies

• baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!! I know 100 lbs seems like a lot, but I have about 100 to lose myself (32.8 gone so far since 11/30/10)...So, if I can do this, anyone can!!!

We are all here to support eachother!

:D -Lyndsey
  • istutzman
    istutzman Posts: 64
    Options
    You can do it!!! Just look for recipes/foods that are filling without too many calories.
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    You can do it! Try not to look at the big picture (100 lbs). Try conquering it in 5 lb increments. I too have 100+ to lose and I try to look at the smaller picture. :smile:
  • peachletcream
    Options
    try high firbe foods they will keep you fuller for longer specially in the morning! try oats :) or a high fibre cereal!
  • 100poundstolose
    Options
    thank you!
    i'll try that!
  • lovingbears2
    lovingbears2 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Working on 1440 calories a day.
    It's gonna be really hard, but I think I can do it.
    I want to lose 100 pounds by this time next year.

I have to look good for Prom.

WOW!! You are so lucky you have a full year to really get yourself ready for your VERY special day!!! You can do it!!! Just take it one day at a time, and don't try to rush the results so that they will be lasting, and it will be a healthy way of living that you can live with! Try to take baby steps on this, breaking it down into 5 or 7 pound losses, and you can even give yourself mini goals and mini (non-food) rewards to hit these goals. Also, by baby steps, if you are not already a "walker", you can start taking true baby steps by just walking for 5 minutes a day, even if it just inside your own home to begin with! .. then add on 5 minutes each week (by the way, this is how Kelly Ripon, the gorgeous blond on "Regis and Kelly" went from being a couch potato to a fitness fanatic!)

You can take a picture of the ideal prom dress you want to be able to wear, and have it made into a 5 x7 or 8 x 10 , then post copies of it in your bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, car, anywhere it will inspire you (remember the Kellogg's special K commercial and the girl hanging up a cute little red dress on the front of her closet door to keep her motivated?) Or, you could make a collage of all the beautiful dresses out of magazines that you really like, and post that around for motivation.

As a side note, I lost over 159 lbs, and once a month I took a picture of myself, in the exact same place, from start date to final date, on the same day each month, so that I could actually watch myself "shrink"!>>> Very motivating to see it in 2 dimension, because alot of times it is so hard to see it, or remember it exactly. Also, of course, measurements!! Sometimes, the plateau is showing the muscle GAINED, which is actually helping INCREASE your metabolism, but weighs more than fat, so I WAS losing and toning, but it didn't show on the scale.

If it is prom, maybe also practicing dancing once or twice or more per week, so that you will look phenomenal on the dance floor, have a ball, and boost your exercise and metabolism at the same time!

Good luck to you, hon!!! YOU MOST ASSUREDLY not only CAN do it, but YOU WILL do it!!! I just know you will!:heart::wink: