Replies

• mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    oh and some blended up almonds.
  • aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk with the whey will be like a milkshake and you can add a tbsp of natural PB if you want to mix it up.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened almond milk (45 calories for 1 cup I think) and then add half a banana or frozen berries, sometimes a spoonful of yogurt or peanut butter, crushed ice... Very good!
  • AmandaArnwine
    Options
    Shakeology is the BEST !!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    different proteins mix differently.

I have my whey isolate with a 50/50 mix of skim milk and water. The water really gets it good and frothy actually compared to just milk.

I also have casein whey and that is really quite thick when just mixed in water.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    always mix mine with water.
    I use gold standard strawberry flouvoured whey. tastes good :smile:

i use it as a meal replacement once a day aswell as for PWO. (just got annoyed at eating three big lunches- haha)
    i balance it using dextrose and peanuts, :tongue:
    puts in right in the zone...
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    If I am forced to mix it with water, I will reduce the amount of water. If you want a richer / thicker protein shake, you cant simply dilute one scoop with 16 oz of water. Either way, water and protein is my least favorite.

Skim milk is good, or if your watching calories...use Almond Milk (Unsweetened) 40/cal per cup version. It's half the calories of skim milk and just as good if not better for you. Humans are the only species who drink another species milk.