Dinner invitation and dieting don't go together!

Options
I just wanted to share what happened to me today. My hubbie and I are new to town and don't know a lot of people yet. We have been meeting people, and today, a girl I met invited us for an informal dinner at her house, so that our kids could play. I am going though Attack Phase in Dukan's Diet, and I am supposed to eat nothing but protein ( fat free meat, fish, eggs, fat free dairy). I felt really bad picking and choosing, and leaving an almost full plate on the table! (Not to mention that we were toasting because they bought a new house and I just pretended to drink!!) Just sharing!

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Kind of like on your 21st birthday when you pour half a shot so it dribbles out of your mouth so you don't get toooooo drunk? Ha ha...seriously though, tough night! I think it's perfectly acceptable to just let someone know you aren't eating some of the things offered at the meal because it conflicts with your diet. I think most people would not be offended :) Hope you're not starving now though!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I can imagine that was difficult! I had a birthday party (limited myself to one piece of pizza and one piece of cake and then went running afterward) AND a dinner out at a Mexican restaurant this weekend...but they were people I know well so I just shared that I was working on eating healthier and and said "thanks, no" with a smile when they kept trying to pass me extra food at the restaurant...