Salad Dressings

Options
I'm pretty picky about my salad dressings. When I wasn't dieting I liked Ranch, Basil Vinergerette, and Italian. But now that I'm dieting, I've found I don't like the light or fat free Ranch, or the fat-free Italian. I've also tried the Ranch Salad Spritzer and didn't care for that. So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Sometimes I just want a dressing on my salad.

Replies

• nelly8807
    nelly8807 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm pretty picky about my salad dressings. When I wasn't dieting I liked Ranch, Basil Vinergerette, and Italian. But now that I'm dieting, I've found I don't like the light or fat free Ranch, or the fat-free Italian. I've also tried the Ranch Salad Spritzer and didn't care for that. So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Sometimes I just want a dressing on my salad.
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Try Hellmans Asian Silk Spritzer. I spray it on my salads and all my steamed veggies. It actually give you flavour. I agree with you I didn't like the ranch one.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I like to mix a reduced fat ranch or fat free sour cream with salsa - equal parts. I love wet salads and the salsa helps give me the extra that I need!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Try Hellmans Asian Silk Spritzer. I spray it on my salads and all my steamed veggies. It actually give you flavour. I agree with you I didn't like the ranch one.

I love that Asian Silk! Ginger and sesame...mmmmm...

I also like balsamic viniagrette.

It's hard to find fat free dressings that are tasty. You kind of have to expiriment until you find what you like.

I mix low-fat honey mustard dressing with 0-cal Arizona Heat for a change. Otherwise, I just bugdget the calories I need to have the dressings I want.

It's worth the sacrifice, as I do not ever go over my allotted calories for the day. IN other words, I'd rather have a 100 calorie dressing on a humongeous salad than eat a 100 calorie piece of chocolate. For me it's about picking my battles.
  • chelle1717
    chelle1717 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just keep my dressing on the side & dip my fork in it. If you like a lot of dressing, this won't work, but I've never liked the light or fat free stuff, so I go full fat, just less of it!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I'm not a real big fan of salads, but, I actually LOVE my salads now that I've discovered Wish Bone Raspberry Bliss Spritzer! It's almost like eating a dessert!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I often top my salad with salsa rather than dressing. I like it, much better than ff dressing and it helps with my constant craving for Mexican food.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Newman's Own Lighten Up Balsamic Vinagairette? I really like it and it only has 45 cal for 2 tbsp. Usually 1 is enough - it has a lot of flavor.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I just keep my dressing on the side & dip my fork in it. If you like a lot of dressing, this won't work, but I've never liked the light or fat free stuff, so I go full fat, just less of it!

AMEN!!
    Cannot STAND anything except FULL FLAVORED ranch. *SIGH*
    So I keep a limited amount on the side, and lightly dip my salad into the ranch.
    Also put so many tasty veggies on the salad that I don't want too much dressing to overpower.
  • nelly8807
    nelly8807 Posts: 8
    Options
    I may have to go with what a few said and just dip whatever into ranch. I've tried the balsamic vinergarette and didn't care for it. I'm always wanting ranch, lol. Ranch was like a gravy for me, lol. Thanks for the help!
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options

I do the same thing...I have to have my ranch...there are not many I like. but I LOVE ranch...I make my salad, and I put Ranch on the side...if you dip your fork before you stab your lettuce you use so much less, for a normal size meal salad I usually only use half the serving size (1 tbsp)
    You know Kraft makes an Asian dressing in light that is really good...I hate light dressings, but this one really does taste like the original. Its also good as a marinade for chicken.