Snack Ideas

Options
Hey all,

I have ONE snack that I rely on besides fruits right now and that's the Fiber One bars... I need some variety, what are some good snack ideas?

Thanks for sharing!

By the way, feel free to befriend me :)

Replies

• sheilamo
    sheilamo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I eat for snack:

small granny smith apple
    7 almonds
    1 stick of cheese (light)

keeps me going till dinner :)
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    apple with pb.. (low fat, low sodium).. just cut slices and spread on the apple. people at work thought i was crazy but its so yummy and filing!
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Quaker Life has come out with breakfast bars (for lack of a better word for them). They have Banana Walnut and Cinnamon Roll Raisin Pecan (my personal favorite). They are only 150 calories each and delicious! Claussen pickle slices are another favorite of mine. Two slices for 25 calories. Jello sugar free chocolate pudding at 60 calories a cup. Fruit and raw veggies too.
  • resptech97
    resptech97 Posts: 147
    Options
    I get the light pringles, or the 100 calorie popcorn! I also love those 90 calorie fiber one bars! I also like to get the sugar free milk chocolate pudding with a teaspoon of crunchy peanut butter. I love me some chocolate and peanut butter! pudding=60 calories+ peanut butter= 30 calories...total 90 calories of YUM!
  • heathernsugar
    Options
    The Fiber One Bars are soooooooooo good!! I especially love the Chocolate!!
    I love these things--I can actually say I cannot believe they are actually really
    healthy for you!! I also eat the Emerald almonds 100 calorie packs in the cocoa
    flavor--they are so good and good for you!! Rich in Vitamin E and Fiber. You can
    kill those cravings away with either one of these items!!

Heathernsugar
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    My nightly snack is 2 tbsp. of peanut butter mixed with about a tsp. of hershey's special dark chocolate baking cocoa. if the pb is natural (low sugar) I sometimes add a touch of honey (if I have the calories left).
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I love baby carrots with hummus. It's soo good.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I love baby carrots with hummus. It's soo good.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    String cheese, cucumbers, laughing cow cheese and crackers (right now I'm loving the light garlic & herb cheese with Wheat Thins Tuscan Herb Flatbread crackers), frozen peas (yes, eaten frozen, don't judge till you try it), Trader Joe's Organic Pea Soup, mini goldfish, tomato slices...
  • Kaylalovewell
    Options
    Thanks for all the help guys! I guess I should add that I don't like nuts, except for peanuts... unfortunately, I really wish i did because they are so good for you. I have done the apple slices and peanut butter, I guess I just forgot about it!
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Almonds
    Pumpkin Seeds
    1/2 Lara Bars
    Banana with spoon of Hershey carmel syrup
    100 Calorie popcorn
    Tea
    Greek Yogurt with fruit or toasted oatmeal
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Chocolate rice cakes w/ peanut butter. The large cakes are 60 cals and 1 of PB is 95 cals. SO VERY YUMMY! I also do Sargento Low Sodium String Cheese, Cottage Cheese, Hard Boiled Egg, Baby Carrots & my favorite granola bar is Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Peanut. So very good. I am sure if you like peanuts you will love it. Oh, dont forget yogurt or fruit.
  • eandskp
    eandskp Posts: 54
    Options
    Act II 94% fat free butter popcorn. 3 cups = 45 calories!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with Roasted Seaweed. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but they are low calorie and I like to munch on them when I'm watching TV. Way better than potato chips!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Thanks for all the help guys! I guess I should add that I don't like nuts, except for peanuts... unfortunately, I really wish i did because they are so good for you. I have done the apple slices and peanut butter, I guess I just forgot about it!

Celery with peanut butter or hummus, greek yogurt, fruit, 1/2 a piece of pita bread with hummus. I don't really like nuts either and everyone always suggests nuts for a snack. I don't even really care for peanuts unless it's peanut butter :-)
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Nuts
    Crackers and PB
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    What I mostly eat now:

Roasted, unsalted Almonds
    Roasted edamame
    Blackberries
    Trader Joe's Roasted plaintain chips
    Mini Luna Bars
    Low Carb whole grain bread (I use Chompie's) with PB2 peanut butter
    String Cheese
    Trader Joe's Turkey Jerky
    Baby carrots
    Broccoli
    Nature's Path MMMaple Pecan and Pumpkin w/Flax
    Trader Joe's High Fiber Cereal (I eat it dry or occasionally mix with some whipped Philly cream cheese)

Other snacks I like but I don't eat as much now (but I did a lot before the last few months, just changing things up some):
    90 calorie Fiber One Bars
    Regular Fiber One bars
    Kellogg's Fiber Plus Bars (though, I had one of these recently and it seemed to have a "waxy" mouth feel now)
    100 cal pack snacks (goldfish, cheese nips, fudge shoppe cookies, etc.)
    Special K Cracker chips

Ummm...there's other stuff but these are the main things coming to mind right now.
  • megganwinland
    Options
    I love to eat protein bars for snacks. But the calories may kill your overall calorie intake.
    Rice Cakes
    Shrimp Chips- they are these really weird Thai chips. If you can find them they have very few calories depending on how many you eat. usually 2 cups=65-75 calories. they are also low fat and have very little sodium. And they aren't made from Shrimp.
    Anything with PB is tasty. Currently I am eating PB on wheat thin crackers.
    I will try anything once. Two low calorie and low fat items together usually taste ok to me!