Needing some inspiration....

Options
soup78
soup78 Posts: 667 Member
Hello to everyone out there in fitness land!

Well, I joined 2 weeks ago and I thought it would be easier. I haven't lost a pound, a centimeter, or anything yet (just a lot of sweat!). I know, patience is a virtue...but I want results! :sad:
I do have to say that keeping my daily log keeps me in check and I feel makes it harder to "cheat". Maybe it's the cocktail here and the lite beer there, but I record everything. I've been staying at my 1200 net calorie intake, and working my bum off. My doggie enjoys the extra walks, too! My workouts include a warm-up 20 minute walk with either tae-bo, strength training, or yoga/pilates. Rain is in the forecast here for a couple days, so no bike ride in the near future...but I love to ride too. I'm hoping the variety will keep me more motivated, but I feel like I'm missing something. I guess I'll just see where I'm at in another couple weeks...it was so easy to put it on. Where's the magic wand to take it all off???

Time for a miracle work-out, here I go!
76335.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• soup78
    Options
    Hello to everyone out there in fitness land!

Well, I joined 2 weeks ago and I thought it would be easier. I haven't lost a pound, a centimeter, or anything yet (just a lot of sweat!). I know, patience is a virtue...but I want results! :sad:
    I do have to say that keeping my daily log keeps me in check and I feel makes it harder to "cheat". Maybe it's the cocktail here and the lite beer there, but I record everything. I've been staying at my 1200 net calorie intake, and working my bum off. My doggie enjoys the extra walks, too! My workouts include a warm-up 20 minute walk with either tae-bo, strength training, or yoga/pilates. Rain is in the forecast here for a couple days, so no bike ride in the near future...but I love to ride too. I'm hoping the variety will keep me more motivated, but I feel like I'm missing something. I guess I'll just see where I'm at in another couple weeks...it was so easy to put it on. Where's the magic wand to take it all off???

Time for a miracle work-out, here I go!
    76335.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    You'll get there! Just stick with it. Sometimes it takes the body a bit to get used to the "new lifestyle" but it will eventually start producing the results you're looking for! I know...waiting sucks! But it will be well worth it!!!:wink: YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I have faith!!! And WELCOME!!!! You've definitely taken a good first step!!!! Utilize this site for all it is...a wonderful motivator, a way to track, and a support group with TONS of friends! Good luck!!!:flowerforyou:
  • cnolovechild
    cnolovechild Posts: 179
    Options
    . I've been staying at my 1200 net calorie intake, and working my bum off.

Are you eating those calories that you're working your bum off for? :smile:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    It does take time. There are some great posts for New people hope you read them they helped me a whole bunch. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I have one question, do you weigh and/or measure all your foods? I know my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway: !! Just a thought :smile:

Wishing you the best :drinker:
  • WendyD
    WendyD Posts: 1
    Options
    It took me awhile to understand good carbs/bad carbs and also making sure to count milk in cereal, butter on the bread etc. Also have to eat often so body does not think you are starving yourself. Maybe your calorie intake is too low. I now make sure that I have a meal planner so I don't skip healthy meals. Once a week per month I don't eat any bread, potatoes, pasta or rice to keep on track and lose an extra pound or two I and then I slowly introduce sour dough, rye, whole wheat but only 1 slice. Instead of jam etc I get frozen berries and put 1 cup in fridge every night so when I have english muffin, peanut butter I put real fruit on top. Yogurt instead of whipped topping, Tomato instead of ketchup, pickles instead of relish - any time you can substitue the real thing getting rid of the preservatives and sugar you lower GL and bad carbs. Also oatmeal and barley slow down absorption so not so many sugar surges. Now make lettuce wraps which also eliminates the bread - Bread can be a huge culprit. Hang in there Wendy
  • hoolihan
    hoolihan Posts: 27
    Options
    try a jump start...like a five day cleanse. there are plenty out there. check your local GNC and ask for advice. what this can do for you is give your metabolism a fresh starting point, regulate your blood sugars, and help you rid your body of extra water weight.

remember to not do any serious cardio or strength training while on your fast/cleanse and come off slowly when re-introducing carbs.

remember, when in doubt of which one to choose, consult an expert like a registerd dietician and/or a doctor if you have any medical issues.

Good luck...slow and steady wins the race!
  • soup78
    Options
    Hi Kristin! :smile:

Thanks so much for the support! I'm just gonna do my best, one day at a time. I found your quote very inspirational, definetly one that makes you appreciate all the little things in life.

Thanks again!

Sara
  • soup78
    Options
    I really want to thank everyone for the welcoming wordsand advice!!!:flowerforyou:

Today I lost my first pound! Yippee!!! I think my biggest problem was probably measuring inaccurately, but I now promise myself to measure if uncertain. The eyeball measuring can be deceiving! And I am going to try a five-day cleanse, that’s sounds like a great idea. I do eat plenty of fresh veggies and fruit, but too many carbs. More lettuce and less bread and pasta will be hard at first but I can start a new habit.
    Thanks again to everyone for all the advice! Much appreciated :drinker:

Sara