Fruit Help!!

Options
I am going grocery shopping tomorrow & i wanted to see what kind of fruit everyone buys. I buy apples, bananas & oranges. The bananas are mostly for my son but i buy the other 2 cause they keep longer. What is your favorite fruit? Thanks!

Replies

• labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    At the moment - strawberries and mandarin oranges (cuties)!
  • misty1290
    misty1290 Posts: 13
    Options
    I love mangos and kiwis. If it helps - you might want to try freezing some of your fruit so that it lasts longer. You can always use it in smoothies for later. :)
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I eat golden delicious apples. They are so good. I also love pineapple.
  • ocsurfmama
    ocsurfmama Posts: 127
    Options
    With all the added strength training and cardio I have been making sure to eat a banana every morning. Now that strawberries are coming into season I am adding them to my yogurt. I also usually buy grapes. I wash and then dry them on a paper towel so they last longer.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    bananas, cuties, apples, red grapes and fresh strawberries when in season!
  • LauraRhodes0902
    LauraRhodes0902 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    grapes, apples, pineapple, bananas, strawberries, the list goes on!
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    plums,strawberries,kiwi mmmmmmm
  • heatherhart
    heatherhart Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I ever thought about freezing them. I just hate that i dont eat it all before it goes bad. I have also been buying bagged frozen fruit as well.
  • pawprint_net
    Options
    Go with the season, I try to vary my fruit with what is currently available - just got in some great new plums and navel oranges are in fine supply here at the mo - so I'm heading for those - but berries when they come and anything else that presents.

Actually I usually try to avoid the really sweet ones like apples and grapes when I'm trying to loose and favor melons citrus etc.. I've also read a few places to not eat bananas when you're trying to loose - but never ready why exactly.
  • beachcomber99
    beachcomber99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Pineapple! Not the canned stuff. It doesn't take long to cut and it lasts quite awhile. Nothing beats a bowl of sweet, juicy pineapple. Definately my go to fruit.
  • ari_27
    ari_27 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i LOVE pinneapple, not only by itself, but I love cooking with it too..like adding it to salads, chicken, etc..
    that being said I also love grapefruit (sprinkled w/splenda), papaya, pomegranates, blueberries, grapes and kiwis. Who am I kidding? I love alllll fruits. They're delicious and the best part is they're good for you
  • LYNNPETTY93
    Options
    Mango & kiwi are number 1 with me.
    I get all.. Pear's don't keep well in my home, so I just stop investing in them.
    I do get frozen dole family size and I use those to make my smoothies.
    I juice a lot too.. So I get..
    Blueberries, strawberries, grapefruit, grapes, organes, plums, and also apples..
  • LYNNPETTY93
    Options
    I love mangos and kiwis. If it helps - you might want to try freezing some of your fruit so that it lasts longer. You can always use it in smoothies for later. :)
    me too...
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    cantaloupe
  • Mayor_West
    Mayor_West Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and grapefruit are all staples for me, and I do have pineapple, mango and apples on occasion as well.
  • Jonicha26
    Jonicha26 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Kiwi is my favorite! It's good in smoothies or just fresh. I also love bananas, grapes, strawberries, and raspberries. :)