Having Trouble Meeting My Calorie Goal

Does anyone have any suggestions for me...I am having a real problem meeting my calorie goal everyday and if you include the calories I gain back from exercise I am generally falling short by 600 - 800 calories a day. Is this going to be a problem or will it not really matter...any advice you can give is welcome.

Replies

• Nkauj_Lis
    Nkauj_Lis Posts: 70
    I was told to eat back my exercised calories... so I eat 2 table spoon of peanut butter. I try to get all close to the calorie requirement as possible. I was told it better to be over by 50 calories than under by 50 calories.

I am losing quite well following this simple rule. I use a HRM during exercise to be accurate. Then I subtract my calories burned without exercise. For example, if I exercise for 1 hour and burn 400 calories, I only count my calories burned as 320. Without exercise, my body will naturally burn 60 calories, so I take 400 - 60 = 320. And I eat bact that 320.
  • Ash10Dent
    Ash10Dent Posts: 75
    It's definitely not good to be not eating those extra 600-800 calories. You're body will more than likely hold onto your fat if you don't eat your full amount of calories since it will think it's starving. Find little things to snack on that are healthy but will fill in that calorie gap!