New mission Statment

Options
O.k. so I am sitting here trying to think of a quote that totally sums up what what I need to focus on in this struggle with my weight. The quote is "Ambition is the path to success but persistence is the vehicle you arrive in." Persistence. Working out even when you feel that it is not working and you see no progress. Persistence. Continuing to deny your urges to eat emotionally even when you have been really good and the situation is really bad. Persistence. Pushing the reset button even when you think you "blew it" and not just saying "Well, I did terrible today and so I might as well go to Baskin Robbin's and have all 31 flavors and blow this weight loss thing to jupiter." Persistence. Something I have been struggling with the last couple of days. What is going to make this time different from all the other times I tried to lose weight "for good"? Persistence. Lord I pray you give me some persistence and some faith that with your help, I can finish this race.

"Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain." 1Corinthians 9:24

Replies

• skermit23
    skermit23 Posts: 31
    Options
    O.k. so I am sitting here trying to think of a quote that totally sums up what what I need to focus on in this struggle with my weight. The quote is "Ambition is the path to success but persistence is the vehicle you arrive in." Persistence. Working out even when you feel that it is not working and you see no progress. Persistence. Continuing to deny your urges to eat emotionally even when you have been really good and the situation is really bad. Persistence. Pushing the reset button even when you think you "blew it" and not just saying "Well, I did terrible today and so I might as well go to Baskin Robbin's and have all 31 flavors and blow this weight loss thing to jupiter." Persistence. Something I have been struggling with the last couple of days. What is going to make this time different from all the other times I tried to lose weight "for good"? Persistence. Lord I pray you give me some persistence and some faith that with your help, I can finish this race.

"Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain." 1Corinthians 9:24
  • XimePaz
    XimePaz Posts: 2
    Options
    Amen!!!!!

Philipians 4:13
    I can do all things through him who strengthens me.