Just got Breast Implants

Options
Eating like crazy and not exercising. HELP!!!! Anyone else have any tips or tricks??

Replies

• Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    jump rope.
  • lblocker23
    Options
    i got mine last summer and went crazy not being able to exercise!! i tried to really stick to my 1200 calories and went for walks and did the excercise bike on a really low speed cuz your not supposed to get your heart rate up to high for a few weeks....i got back into running though 3.5 weeks later. you'll be just fine i promise!! p.s. dont you just love them!??
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Pilates or something low impact like the elliptical?
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Why would you add weight to your body with implants?
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Eating like crazy and not exercising. HELP!!!! Anyone else have any tips or tricks??

My god I'm jealous. Who's your doc? Did you feel comfortable with him/her?
    I'm planning on getting implants in the near future and have been collecting experiences from people around town. Feel free to inbox me if you like. :)

As far as advice is concerned, I'd say drink a lot of water since it tends to suppress the appetite, and try to eat as healthily as possible. Good luck!
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Ouch! Jump rope? really? How soon was it I would think bouncing would hurt!!! How about a slow jog in place? Also take it easy you deserve and need it and to combat the munchies that may be caused by pain meds try pairing fiber with protein. For example whole grain toast or crackers and peanut butter. Good luck :flowerforyou: Feel better.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options

Because she wanted to?

Rude.
  • SashaSpells
    Options
    When I had mine done, I gained a ton of weight because I couldn't exercise and I ate a ton. =/ I had them done the end of April last year and by the time I could run again in June, I had shot up to almost 200 lbs =( I'm still on here trying to work it off, so be strong, eat good while you can't exercise, slowly ease back into exercise as your doctor allows, and you'll thank yourself later!! Enjoy em ;) It's a whole new world. One year in and I wouldn't take it back FOR THE WORLD.
  • houlee
    houlee Posts: 60
    Options
    if you just got implants, check with your surgeon for when you are allowed to exercise again. Most recommend that after surgery, to not exercise for a certain period of time. Start with walking, and ask your surgeon what else you are allowed to do safely.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have implants, I got them April of 09, April 22nd to be exact. I ride horses, so I was really afraid of getting them done and not being able to compete, but by the beginning of June I was able to compete in a 25 mile endurance ride with minimal discomfort.

I was told to stay off horses for a month. I had to stay out of work for a week, but it ended up being two weeks for me because I just couldn't do it [I worked at subway at the time,and it hurt just to cut bread!]

I gained a lot of weight. The pain killers stopped me up...it was a mess. But the weight does eventually come off over time if you just go back to eating healthy, especially once you're off the pain killers.

And yes they add weight to your body, but just do what I do...subtract the weight! The weight of both of mine together is 2.5lbs, so I subtract that off the top when I weigh myself. =D
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You ladies and your implants. When I hit 18 I was a 36DD, I got pregnant last June (miscarried 4 months in) but my chest size never went down. Now I'm in a 36F. I'll gladly give someone else half of my chest.

But in all seriousness, my mother got a reduction and went through the whole not being able to exercise, extreme pain, etc. She drank a lot of water, kept to her calories, and tried to be as active as she could SAFELY. If you gain a few pounds or lose tone, that's fine. You don't want to risk your health ever.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You are also eating a lot because you're body is trying to heal. I've had two major surgeries, and each time I have CRAVED protein like no other. I finished a whole jar of peanut butter one day a week or so after my jaw surgery. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were pretty much all I wanted after I got my implants.
  • Ash10Dent
    Ash10Dent Posts: 75
    Options
    Good lord I'm jealous!! How much did they cost?? I think my husband would have a fit if I got them lol..not to mention my family. I guess a girl can always dream huh?
  • Badunkadunk_Buster
    Badunkadunk_Buster Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yay. That is my reward to myself when I reach my goal. Maybe Yoga or pilates? I hope you heal fast and are back running around in no time.
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Elliptical would keep you pretty stable.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i got mine 7 mths ago and you need to take it easy for around 6 weeks, depending on what placement you had (i had under), then ease into it gently, although i was back into walking (fast) around 4 weeks, but i healed well. You need to listen to your body.
    When was your op?

Try to eat more protein for healing
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options

1, the weight of the implants.
    2. Not being able to exercise for 6 weeks
    3. constipation is a side effect of the GA and pain meds.
  • Life0nMars86
    Life0nMars86 Posts: 155 Member
    Options

1, the weight of the implants.
    2. Not being able to exercise for 6 weeks
    3. constipation is a side effect of the GA and pain meds.

lol @ Suzy I think they were asking why she would get implants, which I agree with the other person that posted, it's none of their business, it's her body and her choice :tongue:
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    oh i see.

errr, yeah, none of anyones business really. Everyone has their own reason. All perfectly valid.
    Mine was to get some shape back into my empty disgusting post-breastfeeding boobs and to give me some body confidence back.
    One of the best things i ever did for myself
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I shall ask my sister and her friend for you!..oh and anyone wanting to get them-dont let a docotor talk you in to going bigger than you want-both my sister and her friend wish they had gone smaller.. and I would add dont let him over fill it either, becuase then it's unnaturally firm, which is weird to hug lol- but all and all everyone I know who has them is happy with them and glad they did it..