The benefits of cinnamon

Options
Hi All,
I've been reading about cinnamon being great for all sorts of things, including appetite suppressant etc.
Can anyone help me... how much to have? how to eat / drink it? how often a day?
Thanks!!

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Sprinkle it in your smoothies! I mix mine with my eggs for french toast before dipping the slices of bread into it. I'm sure somewhere sells cinnamon in capsules but I enjoy the taste so I use it in apple sauce etc, yogurt can be spiced up with it,... lots and lots of uses.
    How much to use, not sure but I probably use a teaspoon a day when I'm using it.
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    pretty sure you can't O.D. on cinnamon, so I'd say indulge until your heart is content :wink:
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I've been taking cinnamon capsules for awhile now, and it does seem like they're a pretty effective appetite suppressant for me. I really notice if I forget to take them - I'll get the munchies starting mid-morning and fight with it all day long. I take 1,000 mg in the morning and again at night.
  • Pandorian
    Options
    See, someone already mentioned the capsules... so just how much do your capsules cost?
    Sincerely curious here as I buy cinnamon in bulk and just add it to what I want interested in a comparison in price...
  • Enigmatica
    Options
    See, someone already mentioned the capsules... so just how much do your capsules cost?
    Sincerely curious here as I buy cinnamon in bulk and just add it to what I want interested in a comparison in price...

I buy lots of supplements so I don't remember the cost of the cinnamon other than it's relatively inexpensive. I'm not good at adding it into my foods, so the capsules work much better for me.
  • Pandorian
    Options
    Just looking it up quickly the place I found lists it at $10 for 100 capsules of 1000mg (or 1gram) so $10 / 100 grams or $100 per kg
    My last container of bulk cinnamon cost me $5 for 550 grams or call it $10 for the kg... I'll keep buying mine in bulk :)

But indeed, do what works if the capsules mean you'll use it, go to town!
    My pricing results were from a 2 minute google search and my own cupboard so YMMV
  • Enigmatica
    Options
    Just looking it up quickly the place I found lists it at $10 for 100 capsules of 1000mg (or 1gram) so $10 / 100 grams or $100 per kg
    My last container of bulk cinnamon cost me $5 for 550 grams or call it $10 for the kg... I'll keep buying mine in bulk :)

But indeed, do what works if the capsules mean you'll use it, go to town!
    My pricing results were from a 2 minute google search and my own cupboard so YMMV

Yeah, I found out the hard way that if I buy cinnamon to put on my food it's going to go to waste. So my money's better spent on something I'll actually use ;-)
  • LeahHarrison
    Options
    This might be good for those night time munchies
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I usually add a couple of teaspoons to my morning oats :0)