Finally decided to say hi! :)

Options
I've been logging my food on the site for about a week now. I didn't even realize there was a forum....sorry..I'm a little slow! I'm a 32 year old female from Ohio. I've been heavy pretty much since I was a baby, and just last week I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes. I've searched for a decent weight loss site, and found MFP. So far, it's been very helpful, and I'm hoping that the support aspect of these forums makes it even more helpful. I'm terrible at the weight loss thing. I love food, and I hate exercise, well at least the forms of exercise I've found...I want so desperately to change this. If anyone would like to add me, or write and say hello, I would welcome it! It would be awesome to find people near me to connect with. I don't have many friends around here, and the support would be great. But even if you're nowhere near me, I would love to hear from you! :)

Replies

• runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi Kaiafa! I'm new to the site too. I'll add you as a friend, even though I'm waaaaay on the west coast. Virtual motivation is still motivation.

I'm with you on the lifelong battle--I'll only be twenty next month, but I was the fat kid in middle school. My weight came under better control when I started playing golf my sophomore year of high school, but as soon as high school ended, I gained twenty pounds back. Bummer. It's been a constant flux since then, trying to balance school and work and have enough time to exercise and watch my eating habits, too. But as far as the exercise goes--getting started is the hardest part. Finding exercises that you like is the key to keep you going back. I would avoid the treadmill at all costs, but elliptical machines and stationary bikes--or biking outside--are great methods of exercise, and daily walks are great, too. Start slow and build up, and you'll get there. :D
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Welcome!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I'm pretty new here too. I've already met some people, regularly get motivated to stay on track. I'm trying to avoid being put on meds for my blood sugars.
  • Kaiafa
    Kaiafa Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you for the hellos everyone! It's been a hard week, but it's good to know that there are plenty of people out there who've been there, and are going through this with me! I wish you all the best on your journeys, and feel free to drop me a line anytime! :)
  • shawndee816
    shawndee816 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I am from Michigan. I also have Type II Diabetes in addition to high cholesterol. I am on medication for both. I am hoping by losing some weight and exercising regularly that I will be able to take less medication.

I joined this site 10 days ago. So far, I have lost about 3 pounds. I have found it extremely helpful to know how many calories that I am eating. I also log in food before I eat it to see if it is worth the extra calories. When I see that I may be over my calorie goal, it helps motivate me to get on the treadmill and walk too.

I am like you...I love food and hate to exercise, but I have found that once I start exercising I feel a lot better and happier. I have found the people on this site to be very motivational and helpful. Welcome aboard!

Shawn
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great for not only logging food and exercise, but also getting support and motivation! Support from the friends I have made here is the only thing keeps me on track some days. Good luck with your weight loss and feel free to add me as a friend :-)
  • sweetness48
    Options
    Hi and Welcome to MFP! I'm new too...just started Monday and am loving this site!
  • Startingover71
    Options
    Hi there and welcome! You can do this, with the right support it will help you out a lot! Feel free to add me as a friend!