12kg more to go and need some motivation

Options
Hi all,

I am Karen and have been a member of MFP for quite awhile.

But this is the first time i am logging into the forum as I have been using the app on my iphone.

I started out with 15kg to lose and I have managed to yo-yo my weight lose for the last couple of months.

I hope by joining the forum, I will be motivated by all the success stories and by the sheer hard work that you put in to push me to reach my ideal 12 kg weight loss..

Love,
Karen:heart:

Replies

• janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen welcome to MFP. Well, it works! Look at my ticker!
  • ashleyk_xox
    ashleyk_xox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    So 12 kg...that is about 26 lbs right? I have 28 to go myself. I have lost a total of 76 pounds so far...if I can do it-YOU CAN DO IT!
    I am in a weightloss competition to keep myself motivated at the moment...it helps a lot! I also keep workout buddies because I hate working out alone. Also reading all of the posts on here and having all these friends on MFP is really inspiring..I just started using the website myself about a month ago after using it on my iphone...I get on here more than Facebook now!
    Weightloss Before and After photos really inspire me-even my own! Last summer I had lost 82 lbs (37 kg) and put on about 20 lbs (9 kg) over the winter. Since my second weightloss journey which started in February I am 6 lbs away from what I was over the summer. Here it is...
    63821_470945022717_501557717_6635778_2518311_n-1.jpg
    I sent you a friend request ...maybe we can lose this amount of weight together! :)
  • karen_chewtk
    Options
    Hi Ashley,

your success story is really motivation.

Any tips on how you manage to lose all the weight?

I have been logging in my food intake quite religiously and started on hot yoga sessions for the last 2 months..
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    i think it is the same amount i want to get rid of,,,we can do this!
  • ashleyk_xox
    ashleyk_xox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Logging into MFP is really helpful. I just stay within my calorie range. I also like to run a lot. I got to where I was running 6 miles a day-I can run 2.5 now but I am working on the 6 again. I workout for an hour a day about 4-5 times a week. I don't do a lot of strength training (which I should) but I am scared of "bulking up". I drink 2 Liters of water a day. That is about it! This website keeps me on track big time! I have NEVER done yoga-I tried Pilates and I felt too heavy to do it-it hurt me. I didn't care for it much either. I DO go to a Zumba class every once in a while which I LOVE! Its so much fun and it breaks up the monotony of my workouts.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome, you can do this. Joining mfp has been the healthiest way ive lost weight, im more active and make better food choices. :)