Which one to Choose? P90x or Insanity

Options
Hello. I am looking to start one of these two programs to put my weight loss journey into gear. I have heard great things about both programs but I have no idea which one I should start first. I am looking to lose weight and gain a little bit of strength and stamina at the same time. But mostly my main goal is weight loss. Which one would you advice? Is one better than the other for weight loss? Are they about the same? If I complete one, should I try the other one afterwards? Any suggestions you could give is greatly appreciated!!!

Replies

• rachyrach1234
    Options
    everyone will tell you to do p90x before insanity BUT
    insanity really isnt that bad the only thing that makes it insane is it ALL cardio FAST FAST FAST MOVE MOVE MOVE
    so i would say INSANITY INSANITY INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Codygirlslim
    Options
    I am currently running with a great group of Beachbody gals who are all working with many of the programs. P90X is difficult. The "X" is there for a reason. It is primarily a toning and muscle building program. Insanity is a step ABOVE that one according to these ladies. My Beachbody Coach actually suggested that for weightloss I begin with Slim In 6, and THEN go to P90X. I enjoyed P90X so much though that I decided to rotate between the two. P90X also has a kid brother...P90 which I have heard RAVE reviews about so that might be better. Most everyone who is like us (not starting out all fit and trim) is sore for about two weeks (and I mean SORE!!). Also, it requires at least an hr+ commitment each day (but you will struggle to get through the entire DVD the first week), with the exception of Yoga which requires at least an additional half hr and is still nearly impossible for me to do. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Kenpo X, and I love doing strength training and cardio everyother day. Love the band work too. The Slim in 6 starts you off more easily with an intense 24 minute workout that increases after about a week. I actually found it more difficult than the P90X at first. So now I rotate, but the Slim in 6 is actually focusing on weight loss, whereas the P90X is focusing on muscle and strengthening. So...there is my 2 cents on it. Most everyone who is committed to Beachbody products does one program and then graduates to another based upon their need. After I am done with P90X I am looking at Rev It Up Abs. We'll see how it goes though...right now I am struggling just to find the time to do my P90X each day. I do like it, but HARD. There is a fitness test on-line so that you can decide if you are ready to do P90X. For instance, if you cannot do a certain number of push-ups, sit-ups or jumping jacks, then it is not the program for you right now. So...good luck to you!!!
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    oh and the insanity couch is a CUTIE