Fat burning for big wobbl thighs and saddle bags...Tips!

xFrancescax
xFrancescax Posts: 33
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
:smile: Hi guys. Just wondering if any of you can advise me on wht exercises are best for fat burning and slimming down legs. It is where i carry all my weight, bum, thighs, saddles.(3 or 4 dress size difference betweeen my top and bottom half) Underneath i can feel there and now good toned legs from workign out regularly but I'vs such a thick layer of fat you'd never notice!! I need to burn and not bulk. Help please!!

Replies

• ashleyk_xox
    ashleyk_xox Posts: 158 Member
    I also have pretty thick (not muscular FAT) thighs. The past 2 weeks I have lost an inch in each of them. The only thing that I can think of that I have done differently is run and ride the exercise bike because I haven't been strength training much at all. I also have done some squats. I may need some tips as well-I wanna get rid of this cellulite and flab so I can wear shorts this summer!
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    dang it ,i looked at this thread hoping to get an answer myself i was on the treadmill and was thinkin the same thing id like to wear a bathing suit when i hit my goal but my legs eeeww
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Stuff that combines resistance with fat-burning works for me. Try adding kettlebell swings to your routine.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    I have the same problem, but from looking on here, it would seem that squats, donkey kicks, adding a riser to a step, taking the stairs two at a time are all good exercises for those areas. I'm gonna start donkey kicks today, will do them before my shred! Good luck with what you try!
  • Yeah I don't want a summer where I'm in long skirts, or always have leggings on etc....it wobbles like when homer simpsons belly gets tapped and continues to wobble for ages! LOL I run alot and use a cross trainer, Zumba twice a week and use my wii for other workouts. Kellte ball...have looked into it....will give it ago I think.
  • Cashley21
    Cashley21 Posts: 15
    Biggest Loser cardio max dvd! I get sore in all the places you want worked.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    There's a thread under success that the woman had bad bad cellulite and showed pix from now, she has NONE. She says it's all due to running!!! Link is to that thread WITH PIX!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/201435-i-cant-believe-i-fixed-my-problem-area
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Run and 30 day shred. I would steer clear of stair climbers.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Run and 30 day shred. I would steer clear of stair climbers.

Out of interest, why would you steer clear of stair climbers? I've read on here that it's a good way to lose / tighten the butt!
  • sherrymo6
    sherrymo6 Posts: 79
    Walking is one of the best exercises for your legs and butt. If you can find a route that has hills or use the incline on the treadmill that is even better. The thought process is that you need to do cardio to burn the fat so you can see the toned muscles beneath. You can do all the weight lifting in the world but you won't see it until you get past the fat layer. You can still tone your legs by walking. You can alternate walking and running too. However This is just my opinion. I'm not an expert by far:smile: Good luck!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    you have to work your whole body to burn fat, as you know you cant spot burn so do some cardio to get your heart rate up then try lunges and squats, pilates and step aerobics is always good. In the UK we have a class called Legs bums and tums...you can get the DVD's online.
  • I think I must obvioulsy need to up my current activity. I run most days and as I do not drive I walk basically everywhere with my little one in his buggy. Need to hit the treadmill hard I think. Cheers guys!
  • debcarv
    debcarv Posts: 256 Member
    Walking is one of the best exercises for your legs and butt. If you can find a route that has hills or use the incline on the treadmill that is even better. The thought process is that you need to do cardio to burn the fat so you can see the toned muscles beneath. You can do all the weight lifting in the world but you won't see it until you get past the fat layer. You can still tone your legs by walking. You can alternate walking and running too. However This is just my opinion. I'm not an expert by far:smile: Good luck!

Totally agree with you on your comment, you won't ever see the toned legs if it's insulated by fat.. I've had the same problem and do the treadmill nearly on a daily basis. Leg muscles are your largest muscles, so it stands to reason walking to be a great trimmer for problem thighs!! I sometimes curse it, but know it's my friend in the long run.
  • debcarv
    debcarv Posts: 256 Member
    I get in an extra 30 minutes or so on my treadmill simply by walking during the commercial breaks of Days of Our Lives.
    Have a t.v for my treadmill workouts, every little bit helps!:smile:
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    There's no such thing as spot reduction.
  • DocHoc
    DocHoc Posts: 3 Member
    Biggest Loser cardio max dvd! I get sore in all the places you want worked.

I LOVE my Biggest Loser Wii games. I've lost 74 pounds in the last year and 3 months (I was using a different app on my iphone to record). I also agree with the comments about walking. My husband and I starting walking (I was 217 lbs.) just a mile, every day, but as fast as we could (and up and down hills after the initial soreness wore off). We worked up to 22 miles in one day (and 35 over a weekend). I'm very close to my goal weight (4 lbs. to go!) and my thighs are looking pretty toned!
    My last suggestion is to get a really good sports bra - sounds funny, I know. But, when I do any exercise, I tend to go shorter when the bra doesn't hold the girls up and perky.
    Good luck all!!!
This discussion has been closed.