Missed a run -- make it up tomorrow or skip it?

Options
Tonight I actually suited up for a run - 3 miles - and then had the worst splitting headache that I can ever remember having.

My wife gets migraines, and I don't *think* this was a migraine, but who knows. It lasted about 10 minutes, was mostly in the front area of my head, behind my temples and forehead, and I almost had to lay down. I could hardly keep my eyes open, and so I quit my run just 0.16 miles in. Normally Thursday and Friday are "rest or XT" days before a longer run on Saturday (although this week it only has me running 3 again).

Mileage begins adding weekly next week (11, 13, 14, 16 in the 4 remaining weeks leading up to a 10K the week after).

Would I be remiss to skip this run and basically only get in 6 miles this week? (I had 11 last week).

Or should I make sure I get the miles in ... even if it is tough to squeeze into my schedule.

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Making it up today with rest tomorrow would be best. But if your schedule does not allow it, an extra rest day this week won't hurt.
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'd skip it. The past is the past... so I recommend focusing on your next workout instead of sweating the one you missed. It's too much pressure for me to make up what I missed, but that's just how I think.