Exercise calories, to eat back or not?

Options
Hiya

I have decided I'm going to take this seriously and I have found my BMR is 1438 so I have decided to eat at 1400-1500 every day, I am mainly sedentary except the exercise classes, however I have a zumba class twice a week and burn about 400cals in that class. I've read all different things, and was wondering should I eat back that 400cals or only half or none of it and bank the cals to lose a little faster. The problem is when I exercise I never want to eat after and I'm already struggling to meet 1400-1500cals each day so eating those cals could be really difficult for me but then I don't want to put my body into starvation mode as I'm really trying to get over my disordered eating habits of binging and starving,etc.

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.
XX

Replies

• Life0nMars86
    Life0nMars86 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    *bump to read later cuz I'm still confused too
  • pocketsam
    pocketsam Posts: 134
    Options
    I wrote this yesterday on my blog. Titled : Its OK to EAT.

Hope thats helpful. Every single person is different and you have to find what is right for you!

http://pocketsizedsam.blogspot.com/
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    And also, I would recheck yoru calories burned with Zumba, as most people burn way more than 400 cals doing that class....
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    everyone is different. I benefit from eating mine back, the more I eat the more I lose. Everyone is different do what works for you. if you dont notice weight dropping, try eating them back.

good luck
  • tinareet
    tinareet Posts: 126
    Options
    I think it is just depending on what works for you, I think I wont eat them back to begin with, and then closer I get to my goal to start eating some of the calories back. I should really check the zumba calories burned, I'm a bit worried as my heart rate monitor on my mobile says I burn about 600cals, but I don't think that's right as I dont feel I work that hard at all!!! I supose I need to get a proper heart rate monitor.lol.
    But thanks again everyone.
    Xx
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i eat back some or all, depending on how i feel.

The best bit about exercise is getting to eat a little more in my opinion
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I try and eat some of them back but not all of them, I feel like if you eat all of them back you are just eating everything you worked out for and your weight will just stay the same.