30 Day Shred Advice

Options
I am considering doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, it looks like it produces good results.

Can anyone give me any tips? Advice? Or share their experience?

Thanks, Louise xxxx

Replies

• jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I would also like any advice, I will be starting in a few days as soon as it arrives in the mail:)
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Do a search on the message boards for 30 day shred. There are a bizzillion posts about it.

It is a great workout. I am doing it currently. I don't do it on it's own...I also mix in other more cardio focused workouts during the week...but I have another 40 pounds to lose!

It is VERY hard at first, but DON'T give up...it does get easier as you progress.....

Good luck!
  • mcewan07
    mcewan07 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately i cant give any advice as i have only just started to look at doing it myself. However i did see some people mention that their is a fair bit of strength involved in the workout. I am sure as many of you all know that you should leave your muscles to rest 48 hours betwen strength excercises.
    So i think i will try this and see how the strength part plays out.Depending on how it goes, i think i might turn it into a 60 day workout. Where i so the shred one day a long walk the next etc. Last thing i need is a torn ligament before the wedding LOL.
  • shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i just started it on my second day and for me it really hard i had to stop today due to my knees giving way but i am determind to finish it its ment to be really good and i can see why i have muscles that really ache all ready
  • cerferchick
    Options
    I'm on day 4. After my 1st day my knees hurt too, but I kept going and now I'm fine. Follow her coaching, she gives all kinds of tips on staying injury free.
  • greatvic
    greatvic Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm on day 20 and it is still intense but I can handle it much better. To be honest I wanted to quit in the beginning because my leg muscles hurt so bad that even to use them to sit hurt LOL. But after day 4 it was fine and I saw results in first week. Keep in mind this doesn't help you lose alot of weight. It's more about toning so make sure you measure yourself before so you see results in inches also. Alot people say you should rest your muscles and not go the full 30 days straight and I would agree with that if the whole 20 min workout was weights and strength but there is cardio, strength and abs. The main thing is listen to your body and if it turns into a 45 day or 60 day shred you are still doing the workout and with different levels you can build up to the intensity. Good luck and I hope you like it.
  • briar_rose
    briar_rose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am on day 18 and haven't had any problems. It is hard at times but I keep pushing through. I do know people who did it every other day but I am determined to do it all at once. I have noticed that I am getting more toned. I think it's a great workout.
  • ChristineMiller2
    Options
    STICK with it! Thats the only advice I can give, I'm doing it too and its tough even though I do a lot of other work outs I was surprised at how hard this felt for me, but hang in there!!
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I second that. Stick with it! And if you're just starting out be sure to take a before shot of your stomach (and whatever angles you want to track). I took a before and after picture and before I compared the two I didn't think there was any difference. But after comparing them I can see a very big difference! Don't quit, it's worth it. The more you put into it the more results you will get.
  • shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i have decided to give it a rest for one day but tomorrow im going right back to it , its the jumping jacks that are doing my knees in so quick question ...if i do the cardio form set 2 of the 1st workout twice instaed of the jumping jacks and the jump rope does this still count i dont see why not but i want to be sure im doing it right ?
  • shannonpatton
    shannonpatton Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2nd 30 day shred! I like it alot, only because it kicks my butt and leaves me sore! I know it's working :)