New to this site

Options
Hi All

I'm Jit from East Midlands and new to this site as only joined a week ago. I've got 20 lbs or around 9 kg to lose by hopefully summer, but really I just want a flat tummy and toned thighs. I'm now on my second week of exercising 4 times a week which includes, zumba, body combat and aerobics. I think I eat quite well but I've started to keep a food diary just to make sure.

I think I had a lucky first week by losing 2 lbs but I've just got to keep going (which is the hard part). However when I weighed myself this morning I've gone back up to my original weight......confused!!!! :cry:

It looks like there is a lot of support on this site so I will probably be seeking advice if my weight loss attempt is not working.

Good luck to all :flowerforyou:

x

Replies

• TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.

Your weight will change throughout the day depending on how much water and food you've consumed, so it's best to only weigh yourself once a week at the same time of day wearing the same weight of clothes. It sounds like you're doing everything to be able to lose weight, the only other thing is maybe you've put muscle on between your 2lbs loss and weighing yourself again this morning. It may sound like a platitude that muscle weighs more than fat, but it's true.
  • Jit7
    Jit7 Posts: 75
    Options
    Thanks for that TiDinzeo, I'll bear that in mind.

Its very tempting to jump on the scales in the morning, which can be quite deflating, but I'll try my hardest just to weigh myself once a week.

x