Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Don't eat your exercise calories?
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    wait--yesterday you walked for 20 miles and did 5 hours of spinning?? W O W! I would be dead.

how do you walk 20 miles and spin for 5 hours? do you sleep?? is there even time to eat?
  • KristaPFT
    KristaPFT Posts: 63
    Options
    You might be over training. This will cause your body to actually have a reverse effect on weight loss. Just make sure at the end of the day you have a deficit of calories (the actual number will depend on your weight loss goals). I hope this helps:flowerforyou:
  • joema74
    joema74 Posts: 15
    Options
    I spinned 5 hours on mon as i am now a qualified instructor and i walked 20 miles yesterday as i am training for 100km walk for charity in July :) I cant lower my walks infact i am going to have to raise them but my spinning will be a lot less :) I am also doing the 30 shred hehe. I must be crazy but i so wanna lose some weight and tone up :)
  • tracey986
    tracey986 Posts: 15
    Options
    Are you telling me that ....yes, I should eat my exercise calories everyday or....no, I shouldn't! I guess I don't understand. And that could be the reason that I have only lost 11 pounds since 1/10/11. We usually do anywhere from 2 miles of exercising to 4 miles every day. And I just sit at a desk everyday (sedentary). Can someone help me with this?? thanks alot!!
  • KristaPFT
    KristaPFT Posts: 63
    Options
    I spinned 5 hours on mon as i am now a qualified instructor and i walked 20 miles yesterday as i am training for 100km walk for charity in July :) I cant lower my walks infact i am going to have to raise them but my spinning will be a lot less :) I am also doing the 30 shred hehe. I must be crazy but i so wanna lose some weight and tone up :)

Thats great that you are so active ....keep up the good work! :happy:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Are you telling me that ....yes, I should eat my exercise calories everyday or....no, I shouldn't! I guess I don't understand. And that could be the reason that I have only lost 11 pounds since 1/10/11. We usually do anywhere from 2 miles of exercising to 4 miles every day. And I just sit at a desk everyday (sedentary). Can someone help me with this?? thanks alot!!

For Tracey (and others who don't want to to maths, you don't have to!)

There are two things to remember here:
    1. MFP has already given you a calorie deficit when it suggests how much to eat. It could be as much as 1000 cals a day if you have set your goals to lose 2lb a week.
    2. Many people suggest 1200 cals a day is a safe minimum for women to eat.

Now, pay attention to the summary on your home page. This will show how many calories are left to eat your recommended amount of cals. Today, mine is telling me:
    Goal 1550, Food 1680, Exercise -375. So, my NET (ie how many calories my body has to work with today) = 1305.

You don't need to do any maths, just keep an eye on the NET, aim for over 1200.

But, eveyone has their own theory on what works, eating around 1600 cals NET a day is working for me, I've lost 19 lb in 10 weeks.

For the OP, if you are exercising that much, you need to do some research into the right amount of food to sustain your body while working so hard, I suspect most of us here have no idea how to compensate for this much exercise!