scales

Options
When you get on the scales it tell you one number...but then you get of the scales n go right back on it tells you another ! Which one would you go by the higher or lower number ??

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Your scale shouldn't give you mix numbers like that. I would invest in a new scale. Both numbers could be inaccurate.
  • seadog1
    seadog1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens with mine, its a digtal scale, so if I get two readings the same, I just accept that for the day.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    What sort of scale is this?

Are you standing on it in exactly the same way each time, evenly distributing your weight over both feet? On some scales, if you aren't centered properly over the sensors you will get different readings.

If the scale is not on bare, level floor you'll get different readings.

If it's digital and the battery is going, you'll get different readings.

If none of the above are the problem, then it's time to buy a new one.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    If your placing your scale in different spots on the same floor type it too can cause different readings.. make sure its always in the same spot, in the morning after you pee with little or no clothes is best!
  • luvcookie
    luvcookie Posts: 97
    Options
    Thanks All.....It is a fairly new scales and Im doing everything right,same spot on the floor,,,early mornings...etc ,and its a digital scales...
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have to admit I had the same problem so I ditched the scales and now just use the Wii Fit to weigh me instead. It only gives you one weight reading and also gives you your BMI which is great if you don't loose any weight one week but can see that your BMI has decreased. It has helped me stick to it the couple of weeks that I struggled to loose any weight. The great thing is today I weighed myself and hit my first target of loosing 1 stone and I have only been doing this since January 8th. So I would like to say thanks to MFP for helping me get here and on to the next target of 2 stone.
  • luvcookie
    luvcookie Posts: 97
    Options
    I have to admit I had the same problem so I ditched the scales and now just use the Wii Fit to weigh me instead. It only gives you one weight reading and also gives you your BMI which is great if you don't loose any weight one week but can see that your BMI has decreased. It has helped me stick to it the couple of weeks that I struggled to loose any weight. The great thing is today I weighed myself and hit my first target of loosing 1 stone and I have only been doing this since January 8th. So I would like to say thanks to MFP for helping me get here and on to the next target of 2 stone.

Thats awesome wtg ! I use the wii mat...cant weigh urself with the wii mat but I wish I could !
  • NurseChristy3
    NurseChristy3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If they are electronic then I would suggest new batterys and then if its still giving mixed numbers Id do as suggested and get new ones that will work accurately
  • NurseChristy3
    NurseChristy3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just another note...what surface are you placing the scales on? carpet would cause this also due to the padding giving and taking. Needs to be a hard solid surface such as the kitchen or bathroom tile, vinyl etc