Recomendations needed: arm bands for Iphone?

Options
Hi all. I'm going to re-start C25K and I want to try doing it outside now the weather is cooperating. So I want an armband for my Iphone so I don't have to hold it.... I really like the look of the Armpocket i-20 but it appears only to be available in the US and I'm in the UK. Anyone got one that they love and would suggest? Something not too heavy and that is built for sweating? Thanks!

Replies

• randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    have you tried Amazon or ebay?
  • ohohraptor
    ohohraptor Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Watching. I need one too!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/details.cfm?ProdID=1372

I have this one and its great.
    Ive tried some others, and either the ipod flopped about, or the armstrap was too long and i had to tuck it in loads because i think a lot of them are designed for mens arms, or bigger women than me. I have normal/slim arms, and this fits really well, the ipod is secure and its comfortable.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    check that it fits the iphone though. Mines an ipod classic, so i think its about the same size?
  • Lillabet76
    Options
    You could try http://tuff-luv.com/e-volve-fast-forward-sports-armband-for-mp3-players-phones-large-black-silver.html
    I don't have any of their stuff but I have friends who do and can't stop raving about it :)
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    I'll be watching this too as I could also do with one!
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I use the Tuneband. Not too expensive and it really works. Never had a problem with it. They sell it on amazon, both in the US and UK. (I checked).
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    have you tried Amazon or ebay?

Sadly yes. I did find one shop in Surrey that sells them so have emailed for a price. Does anyone in the US use an Armpocket? I really, really like the look of them, but they're pricey.

Does anyone have a Marware? Reviews online are really good.....

ejb245, I did look at the Tunebands so that's a possibility.

I fear I've fallen into the trap of doing too much research! LOL.
  • CarolMorris66
    Options
    I bought this one.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/iGadgitz-Neoprene-Sports-Jogging-Armband/dp/B003SYCFOE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301665529&sr=8-1

seems waterproof (didn't get wet the other night when it poured), certainly does up nice and tight and had no problems with it..... not so easy to operate when on your arm, but I am doing the C25K using it and I dont feel the need to operate it... too busy concentrating!!!! I hadn't noticed the headphone slots in the side, so useful to have gone back to have another looksie!
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I bought a Belkin band for a touch. Same size as the iPhone. The only items for the iPhone I could find were WAY too expensive. The arm band for the touch is made from the rubber sweat wicking material so my phone stays dry and it is secure as it is the correct size. I got mine at Target for $15. (it was on sale though). I find the Belkin products work well with my phone. I have a few covers that are Belkin as well and I find the quality is top notch for the minimal price.
  • clohessy
    clohessy Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    The "Cell phone Shop" great price on sale for 7.99 ! just go online to cell phone shop they mail to every country.