Back to square one!!! `

Options
babygurl48
babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
hello.. my name is josie..i used to weigh 227 lbs, had lost 60 lbs by being anorexic when i was 19, gained it back, lost and gained...yo-yo, as i'm sure u all know.

anyway, i had lost 50lbs 3 years agothrough healthy eating and excercise.. kept it off for a year and now gained it back. i have not problem with the excercise.. just need to get some ideas for foods as i am bored with my ideas...lol..

could use some help on here and some new friends.. thanks guys.. :)

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on beating anorexia; that is a huge feat in itself! There are some wonderful recipes on here that are low cal/low fat. Pretty much anything you crave can be made at home substituting ingredients (they make almost everything in low fat now-a-days). Good luck!
  • jmecale72
    jmecale72 Posts: 214
    Options
    Hi Josie! Welcome! This is a great place to get some support and motivation! Good luck with your goals and feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    You may be back at square one, but you learnt a lesson and your back , please feel frre to look at my diary!

make sure you eat enough! You should eat your calories from exersise back! on days i know i'm going to the gym, i log my exersie in the morning , then have bigger meals those days!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Good luck on your journey
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    man that sucks! We have alll been there! I lost and gained and lost and gained.. Im just now back to a weight that I dont feel totally embarassed with... however its not my ideal weight yet! Been on here for 5 months!

Track everything! Get the app on your phone so you can track when your not near a computer!
    Make friends! Read and comment on posts! You cant imagine how much it actually helps!
    Drink TONS of water!
    My favorite snack is almonds. I tell everyone this! I love to have almonds between meals at work because I know they will keep me from destroying the snack machine at work!
    Dont overdo the exercise.... Half hour to an hour a day.. more If your going to go over calories for sure.. .4-6 days a week. make sure to take time to let your body recover!
    Eat breakfast!
    Dont freak out and punish yourself if you eat something that you feel guilty for.. just dont let it happen EVERY DAY!
    Weigh 1-2 times a week (believe me it saves sanity!)

Hope this helps!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    welcome back, I think:)

This time instead of just trying to lose the weight over and over again....try changing your relationship with food.
    http://www.drwayneandersen.com/2011/03/how-to-change-your-relationship-with-food/

These are some of the steps that has helped me while on my program to change my relationship with food.
  • babygurl48
    Options
    ach!!..lol.. still learning how to use the site..but i'm sure i will figure it out.. thanks by way!!..:)
  • babygurl48
    Options
    thanks everyone.. my sentiments exactly.. it's a way of life.. so we have to learn to control the food, not the food control us.. great accomplishments by all.. you all must be soooo proud. i have a great feeling already just being on here and talking to all.. thanks for the support, means the world!!! ..:)