• racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My favorite smoothie is: 1cup plain yougart
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1 cup frozen fruit
    1 packet splenda
    1 tbls walnuts

Blend until smooth..it makes two servings so I ususally freeze one and take it out to thaw while im in the
    shower in the morning. :)
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. If I manage to toast a bagel in the morning I'm doing extremely well. My breakfasts have to be fast, no brainers, and non-drip; I'm fumbly in the morning. Here's what works for me.

Have a pre-filled bottle of water ready in the fridge.

Special K breakfast bars. You can eat in the car if you have to.
    individual fruit or applesauce cups.
    individual Greek yogurt cups with fruit mix ins ready.
    Rasin Bran and milk. I can manage a bowl now and then.
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch or Trader Joe's Granola on top of a yogurt cup.
    Bagel with low fat cream cheese. Toast, smear on the cheese, slap the halves back together and wrap it in a paper towel. Also can be eaten in the car if necessary.
  • heathernsugar
    Options
    How about a whole grain tortilla stuffed with 1 scrambled egg, 1 slice Fat Free Cheese, and all the veggies that you like.
    I have done this and it is good! Also, try to eat a bowl of regular oatmeal with a dash of cinnamon and it will fill you up!
    Beware of PopTarts--they have 1/2c. of SUGAR in those babies!!

Would you like to be my friend just contact me and I will get back to you ASAP!!

heathernsugar

:tongue:
  • jazzy1129
    jazzy1129 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like the Special K bars. My favorite is the Chocolate drizzle, because it takes care of my hunger and gives me my sugar fix:smile:
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    My on-the-go breakfast usually consist of a medium size navel orange that I gab on my way out in the AM. I tend to hit the gym for a workout in the morning after dropping the little one off from school. Then after my workouts, I have a protein smoothie and some scrambled eggs whites an hour after. So in essence, my true breakfast (the scrambled egg whites) come a few hours after I wake up. The orange gets me through my training and the smoothie holds me over pretty well until I'm able to spend more time on preparing something healthy.
  • skinnyjazz130
    Options
    1. Make oatmeal the night before and re-heat it when you get to work.
    2. A fruit smoothie with a scoop of healthy protein powder, milk or water, fruits and some chia seeds or flax seeds
    3. a bowl of fruits
    4. Living fuel cocochia bars are very healthy and delicious.

Remember breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
  • GinaC211
    GinaC211 Posts: 15
    Options
    bump
  • Taznmb1
    Taznmb1 Posts: 15
    Options
    I usually have an optimum nutrition protien shake, a bannana, and a yoplait light yogurt.
  • Buckaroo83
    Buckaroo83 Posts: 5
    Options
    I love Low Fat Nutri Grain Blueberry Eggo waffles. A serving size is two waffles-- 180 calories. I put them in the toaster oven and then use a little spray butter which is 0 calories. I eat them like toast, which is convenient because I am not very organized or excited about breakfast in the morning. I wrap them in a paper towel and can jump in the car with them! No utensils or dishes to clean up.
  • lucky723
    lucky723 Posts: 52
    Options
    On Sundays if I know i'm not wanting to get up early I will make like 5 breakfast burritos and freeze them so all I have to do is pop it in the freezer and eat it on the way. I usually will put egg whites, turkey sausage, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes,green peppers, fat free cheese (just a little), and a whole wheat torilla. Its so easy and so so good!!!