Shoe question!

Options
Alright ladies, I'm in the market for a pair of good athletic shoes! I don't do much outdoor running, but I tear up the gym! Any suggestions?

Replies

• debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of New Balance. They say "running" on them, but I don't run. I wear them for everything active (when I worked retail, when I work out at home, etc.)

ETA: Mine are the NB 410's. The newer 410s are different from mine... so idk what to suggest on that...
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I would go to a good store where they can really take the time to fit you. The shoe that's right for you will vary upon so many factors: What type of exercise, whether you over/under pronate (or neither), whether your foot is narrow or wide, how much exercise you plan to do. Where I live Gazelle is the place to go. They spend time with you figuring out what's the right shoe. Last time I went, they even directed me to last season's model, so I got a very expensive pair of shoes for about a third of the price. I have a narrow foot, and New Balance generally work for me. A rule of thumb for running shoes is that they are usually a size bigger than your dress shoe size, but again, get fitted properly.
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Any time you are going to buy shoes to run in, you should go get fit at a store that specializes in running shoes. They will look at your footfall, your gait and your stride and fit you in the right shoe for you. What works for someone else may not be the shoe that you need. Regardless of whether you are running inside or outside, you want the right shoe for your foot.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I have had the best luck with New Balance so far - I can't remember the "model" numbers on mine, but I have a pair I use for running/biking/walking that are very lightweight and a pair with more bulky tread/support for trail running..
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Any time you are going to buy shoes to run in, you should go get fit at a store that specializes in running shoes. They will look at your footfall, your gait and your stride and fit you in the right shoe for you. What works for someone else may not be the shoe that you need. Regardless of whether you are running inside or outside, you want the right shoe for your foot.

What Celo said!

I randomly bought a pair of Asics (fabulous shoes, highly recommended) and ended up with shin splints within days. Got fitted and ended up with a pair of Saucony shoes that are heaven. Getting fit for running shoes is essential.