Carbs Daily Targets????

LittleVikki
LittleVikki Posts: 88 Member
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
Just wondering what everyones daily targets are for carbs mines is 165g is this too much? I've heard cutting out carbs helps in weightloss but I don't really want to do this.

any thoughts?

Replies

• NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    I try to keep mine between 50-100g per day...that's NET CARBS...total carbs - fiber
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    It's not carbs in general it's the quality of the carbs. Obviously if the only carbs you ate were in fruit, veggies and whole grain breads and pasta that wouldn't be bad. Carbs can be a great help in losing weight. The whole grain ones make you feel full longer because the fiber in them takes longer for your body to break down. Also, all the roughage keeps you regular!
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    I think I have mine at 75g. But I usually keep it under 100g so I'm in some form of ketosis. Cutting carbs may help in fat loss. If you cut carbs, the body will use protein and fat to use for energy. If you eat enough protein, your body won't use your muscles for energy. It will end up using your fat stores to use for energy. There are A LOT of other details I'm leaving out, but that's what's generally happens.
  • I try to keep mine between 50-100g per day...that's NET CARBS...total carbs - fiber

Me the same!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Mine are set at 66, and usually come bang on target, with 45-55g coming from vegetables. I couldn't do atkins because I love my veggies too much.
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    I do under 100g total carbs not net. It makes it easy for me because I don't eat grains of any kind. My problem is keeping the fat in check.
This discussion has been closed.