How do I know?

Options
When I signed up for this I did the 1200 calorie thing but how do I know that is what I should be eating? I have read some posts on here that say 1200 is too low and if you have too few calories it won't allow you to lose the weight as quickly. So, how do I know that I should be eating?

Thanks!

Replies

• Zen123
    Zen123 Posts: 29
    Options
    When I signed up for this I did the 1200 calorie thing but how do I know that is what I should be eating? I have read some posts on here that say 1200 is too low and if you have too few calories it won't allow you to lose the weight as quickly. So, how do I know that I should be eating?

Thanks!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    1200 caloires is so you dont starve... if you work out 1200 is way to minimal.... Put in your weight height the weight you want to be your exersize... the whole nine yards and it will give you calories.. its pretty realstic.... just go with that and you should start to see results if you are honest and stick with it... GOOD LUCK and welcome:bigsmile:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I was having a hard time with this also, but after doing it for over a week, I think 1200 cals are low if you workout. I made mine higher because I am also working out daily (6 days). Hope this helps. My calorie is now set for what is recommended.
  • Zen123
    Options
    Thanks! I will probably adjust mine a little.
  • Zen123
    Options
    Thanks! I will try that.

Okay so I have been on this website for hours now. ADDICTED.
  • Zen123
    Options
    Okay, so I just did the BMR thing and it said that my calories should be 1403....and that is based on if I did nothing. So, should I up my calories? Forgive me, I am really new at this stuff.