Bye Bye to Processed Foods

Options
Foxworth81
Foxworth81 Posts: 124 Member
So I have been on my diet for several months and have actually had success. However, I have plateaued and even gained a few pounds back in the past week. So far, I have cut down but have not eliminated processed foods. Now I want to take my diet to the next level and eliminate all of the "bad" processed foods that are a regular part of my diet (100 cal. packs, lean cuisines, granola bars, etc.). Can you offer any ideas for HEALTHY and FAST meal/snack ideas that I could try? I do pretty good with my meals but typically the processed foods are used as snacks or when I'm short on time. Also, before anyone says anything, I know that not all processed foods are bad. I have been researching them a bit. That's why I specifically said "bad" processed foods above. I hope you can help.

Replies

• JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    My diary is wide open, feel free to check it out for ideas. I eat mostly "real" foods aside from wraps, veggie burgers, hummus. For snacks I load up on veggies, fruits, nuts, berries, pudding, light cheese. Good Luck!
  • skfj5
    skfj5 Posts: 70
    Options
    Try 101 Cookbooks.com. She cooks all-natural, organic, healthy stuff. Completely veggie...she makes snacks, too. Takes a little more time and commitment...but I think it's worth it.

And you can't fail with cutting up your own veggies and fruit and toting that stuff around with you!!
  • MonicaS29
    MonicaS29 Posts: 21
    Options
    It's called eating clean and Tosca Reno is the queen. Check our her website www.eatcleandiet.com, there is a section called The Kitchen Table where people share food diaries and recipes. Great tool for those wanting to eat clean! Best decision I ever made!!!
  • Christiane81
    Options
    Oh, this is my speciality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate the fact that people live off of processed foods. This is no offense to you at all but why grab a 100 calorie pack snack when you can grab an apple? Eating well is one of my favorite websites. You can find so many healthy recipes that are quick and easy. Skinnytaste.com and bakingandcreatingwithavril.blogspot.com are also great sites where you can get ideas for recipes that use real food. I hope this helps!
  • Foxworth81
    Options
    My diary is wide open, feel free to check it out for ideas. I eat mostly "real" foods aside from wraps, veggie burgers, hummus. For snacks I load up on veggies, fruits, nuts, berries, pudding, light cheese. Good Luck!

You seem to be like me and love to snack but I'm amazed at how they never seem to throw off your daily count. This just goes to show the difference it can make. Thanks for sharing!
  • Foxworth81
    Options
    Thanks for all of the great sites. I do love to cook so I will definitely be using these. And as far as the ease of grabbing an apple, you are absolutely right. From now on, I just won't even buy those unhealthy snacks and then they won't be an option. It's that simple. I do love vegetables and fruits and am not a picky eater at all so it should be really easy for me. I'm not sure why I've struggled with it so much. i guess I just needed to make the decision to DO IT! Thanks again.
  • 2girls4boys
    2girls4boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm saving this to look at the websites later. Snacking is my biggest downfall.
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    The key for me is to have the healthy snacks ready to grab and go in the morning. I make sure I always have baby carrots, apples, string cheese, hummus, yogurt, almonds in the fridge/cupboard. So that's what I take with me to work to much on.