Problem area

Kidvicious28
Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey guys :smile:

So, I've lost about 40 lbs and I'm super proud of it, but I still have some problem areas that just won't go away! My upper arms are my main problem. :embarassed: My arms are so flubbery, it's not even funny. I do push ups, lift weights, etc, but they stay fat and flubbery! Idk what else to do....I've been measuring them since I started MFP about 2 yrs ago and I lost 1.5 inches since then...:grumble: I weigh about 152 lbs and my arms definitely don't fit with the rest of my body.

Help!?!?

Replies

• TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    mine too! i've tried diff arm moves with weights & machines & even stopped working on them for a while, thinking fat will come off where it wants, not necessarily where we work on it & just did cardio for a period & i've lost everywhere else i wanted (still a few areas i'd like smaller), but my arms haven't really changed!
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    This is my problem as well! It's so annoying!! All my weight loss affects my lower body (my legs are slim) but my arms are a major problem! I'm doing the 30day shred which helps with some arm toning. I feel stronger but the fat refuse to budge. I still need to lose 10lbs and hopefully it'll change when I reach it.
  • geocookie
    geocookie Posts: 23 Member
    Every body is different.. and sometimes it's just the way a body is built and can't be exercised away. It's like the wattle on a Turkey's neck.. some people have a characteristic flap of skin that hangs from their chin to neck.. It's not the kind of thing you can exercise away. From the way you describe your arms, and with the exercises you've been doing, it sounds like your arms just have the extra skin that way. It's may not be what you want in your arms, but if it's there and you can learn to accept that's just the way it is.. that'd be a good thing. For me, it's a pooch at my lower abdomen... Even when I was skinny, skinny and exercising (sit-ups, crunches, etc)., I had that pooch.. Then at some point I noticed my very thin Grandpa had the same kind of pooch below his belly button. I think it's just anatomical and can't be exercised away.. IT's just the way it is. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear, but it's what I know based on many years of trying to better my body!
This discussion has been closed.