We have got to learn to dance

Options
So there's a fact that I've heard many times, and you hear it and think, "yeah, yeah, that sounds right", but the reality has started really sinking in for me in the last week. I started what I affectionately call "The Plan" last Tuesday (3/22), and in that time, we have had a wedding shower (celebration), a pizza party (good job on the recycling drive), and today it will be shakes/slushes from Sonic (job well done). All of this at work, where the company is trying to get our healthcare premiums down by enrolling us all in the Virgin Healthmiles program (ironic, no?).

So here is what I propose. We must find a new way to celebrate that doesn't involve food, so I thought, let's learn to dance! I mean, really...who is sad while they're dancing? NOONE! So people are celebrating; they're happy, they're motivated; they're appreciated, they're celebrated. Not only that, but they've burned a ton of calories without thinking about it or grumbling about exercise. IT'S A WIN-WIN! Just my random thought for the day.

Replies

• jchecks
    jchecks Posts: 133
    Options
    I am in love with this idea!!! So many people look to celebrate with food...but I agree that dancing would be a much better alternative!!! Bravo!
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I think this is awesome.. That would be a wonderful way to celebrate and have a good time and work off some much need stress...Good thinking girl...