Yogurt vs Greek Yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    depends where you live as to where you can buy it. In Canada (Alberta) I have a job finding it, it is almost unavailable. In Calif where I am now, its everywhere, Costco, Vons etc. Also its much better than regular yoghurt, tastier and more nutrients. :smile:

you can get Liberte at Costco. 20 grams of protein per serving. only 5 grams of sugar.
    they also carry the fruit flavors at Save On Foods but the profile isn't as good.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    What is greek yogurt and where can you get it? and what ARE the "lots" benefits?

I buy Chobani brand Plain Nonfat Greek yogurt at Walmart. It has 18 g of protein and 7g of sugar100 calories. I mix it with fruit and sometimes nuts for a filling protein packed yummy breakfast!!

Here's an article about the benefits:
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5265672_understand-health-benefits-greek-yogurt.html
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about trying some Greek yogurt. I don't like the sourness of regular yogurt. Does the greek yogurt have the same sourness?
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    Thx Thkelly - will look when I get home :smile:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Greek is higher in protein and lower in fat. Honestly though, I just prefer nonfat plain yogurt with some honey & berries. It's only like 4g lower in protein than Greek but it's easier for me to handle, taste-wise and it's cheaper!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    if you think normal yoghurt is sour, you probably won't like Greek, as it is more so.

GG
  • fitkitty1
    fitkitty1 Posts: 56
    Options
    I eat a cup of Greek yogurt and 1 tbsp of honey... It's pure love!!!!! It's thick and so much better for you. Toss in some fruit and you will be hell a happy. PS... I eat the 0% or 2% fat greek yogurt! Still good!