sweet & savoury

Options
PedalHound
PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
We had a fab supper tonight. A light, sweet & savoury summer supper.

I made brown rice and after it was cooked added fresh chopped cherries and slivered almonds. I also added a little skim milk, fat free plain yogurt and cinnamon.

Then I also bought some amazing baby yellow patty pan squash. All I did was quarter it, quickly pan cooked it just with a spray of olive oil, then crumbled a small amount of light feta on it. It was absolutely delicious! We're going back to the farmer's market tomorrow to get more baby squash. It's only 18 cals per cup!!! The feta makes up for that but still, SO good.

Replies

• PedalHound
    Options
    We had a fab supper tonight. A light, sweet & savoury summer supper.

I made brown rice and after it was cooked added fresh chopped cherries and slivered almonds. I also added a little skim milk, fat free plain yogurt and cinnamon.

Then I also bought some amazing baby yellow patty pan squash. All I did was quarter it, quickly pan cooked it just with a spray of olive oil, then crumbled a small amount of light feta on it. It was absolutely delicious! We're going back to the farmer's market tomorrow to get more baby squash. It's only 18 cals per cup!!! The feta makes up for that but still, SO good.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish! I wish my family liked all the exotic cheeses. :(
    How about if I add cranberries instead of cherries?
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Ooh, that sounds good too, as long as they're fresh (since dried fruit is so sugar-concentrated!)

I'm really lucky - my kiddos will eat absolutely everything. Curry, sushi, "weird stuff" lol
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    My kiddo is the same way. I guess you have to start them off early and get them cultured :)