I want sugar

Options
I want junk food so bad right now. I was going to go grocery shopping tonight but not with this craving. I don't know what my issue is. I usally do ok. I even let myself have some strawberries with light whipped cream, needless to say I finished off the can. :noway: . luckly it was alreay 2/3rds gone.
I still want more junk food. Help. How do you fight cravings. i am not going to let myself eat anymore but I really want to.

Replies

• destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I want junk food so bad right now. I was going to go grocery shopping tonight but not with this craving. I don't know what my issue is. I usally do ok. I even let myself have some strawberries with light whipped cream, needless to say I finished off the can. :noway: . luckly it was alreay 2/3rds gone.
    I still want more junk food. Help. How do you fight cravings. i am not going to let myself eat anymore but I really want to.
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Bite a pickle - a dill pickle. Not a flavor that really goes well with sugar. It helps me. Good luck, you can get past the craving!
  • destiny_206
    Options
    I love pickles too. I might do that. Thanks
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    chew gum, it helps
    it gives you your sugar hit, as well as flavour and very little calories
    apparently the action of chewing creates the feeling of feeling full thats why we're supposed to chew our food at least 20 times
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Sometimes just brushing your teeth helps.

Picture the weight you want to be at when your cravings hit.

Scream in your mind "STOP" and picture a big red stop sign, when your cravings are trying to take over your thoughts. Then immediatly think about your goal. Keep doing this and your mind will start to change the way it thinks. Either that or your mind will come up with a different way to make it crave. lol
  • hoolihan
    hoolihan Posts: 27
    Options
    try recipes that wont neccesarily hurt you, just keep the serving size correct and mark in in your calories intake. A favorite at my house is non-fat, sugar-free pudding made with skim milk and topped with fat-free non-dairy whipped topping and the"berry" of your choice.

I love the jello cheesecake flavor with rasberries. Mind you there is no real nutritional value here (some protien from the milk n some vitamins from the berries) but it may just save you from jumping into a bag of m n' m's!!!!
  • kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    I say go with low calorie sweets. If you crave chocolate, eat pudding. Not a lot of calories and gives you the chocolate you want. Jello has a lot of really good low calorie puddings that are awesome!
  • MThurs
    MThurs Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is ____________ and I am addicted to sugar.

For anyone who has had other addictions that was purely a joke - because it can seem THAT bad. I am into my 5th day with no sugar and no artificial sweeteners. For me that is the route that I have to take - I can NOT eat sugar in moderation - so once I get out of the habit it is easier. My most successful stint with no sugar was 7 months.

For others moderation may be the key - but not for me.

I'm with ya sister.
  • destiny_206
    Options
    chew gum, it helps
    it gives you your sugar hit, as well as flavour and very little calories
    apparently the action of chewing creates the feeling of feeling full thats why we're supposed to chew our food at least 20 times

I did not even think of gum as having calories, I never record gum :sad:
  • destiny_206
    Options
    I say go with low calorie sweets. If you crave chocolate, eat pudding. Not a lot of calories and gives you the chocolate you want. Jello has a lot of really good low calorie puddings that are awesome!

I actully have a carmel one that they make thats good. I am just out of them.