Wii Exercise Games - Any Advice?

NlKKA
NlKKA Posts: 185 Member
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
Ok pals I'm in need of your help! I started the Biggest Loser (THE ORIGINAL GAME) on the Wii and I so forgot that it does not calculate the calories burned correctly. I need a Wii exercise game that I can do a 4-8 week challenge on that will calculate calories well. Any advice? I so need to start this challenge no later than April 11th. In the meanwhile I'm training for the 10k. By the way I just finished the EA Active More Workouts 6 week challenge.

Replies

• BUMP
  • rwkem
    rwkem Posts: 35
    I have the golds gym dance that you can set for a week 2 weeks up to 8 weeks..I think!! They get progressily harder and longer as you go! I also do the NFL Challenge it comes with a HR monitor..it keeps track of your HR and your calories burned!..It also gets progressily harder as you go! I am currently doing both programs!! Good luck!
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    BUMP
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Wii Fit Active 2 by EA Sports! Best fitness game across the board for the Wii PS3 and Xbox. It comes with its own motion sensors that your calibrate with your Wii's motion bar so you don't need the Wii mote for most of the exercises. Also the game comes with your own "personal" fitness trainer to push you. It also comes with its own HRM so you can accurately count calories burn. Lots of variety you will never be board. Also it has a 9 week fitness program in it.
  • shipleyd
    shipleyd Posts: 94 Member
    The game will not track your calories but if you have a heart rate monitor you can try Just Dance. Its a great workout!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    I have Gold's gym cardio work out. It is basically cardio shape boxing. The calorie counts in the game are reasonably close to my HRM when I wear it
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    I don't know about the goals etc., but I just recently got Jillian Michael's Ultimatum 2011 with the "mission mode", and according to my HRM I'm getting a nice calorie burn, with a little strength training mixed in. It's also fun to have a goal to work toward (finishing the mission). I'll click "start again" over and over, just trying to beat the level, and soon 45+ minutes have gone by and I'm sweating, but still want to go on, just to "get farther" in the game. I have to make myself stop. Sometimes I get a little frustrated by the controller, though.
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    I didn't even think about the HR monitor!!!

I bought the AE active sports gam for my wii....and haven't even used it yet! Now I am gonna have to break it out!
  • hyoung3
    hyoung3 Posts: 85 Member
    If you have a Heart Rate Monitor that calculates calories burned, you could use it for just about any exercise or game, Wii or not.

To Wii or not to Wii..... that is the question...lol (sorry, couldn't resist) :happy:
  • NlKKA
    NlKKA Posts: 185 Member
    Thanks everyone for all the idea's. I will be heading to buy something this weekend for sure.
This discussion has been closed.