trying again!

Options
Hello all. I have been using this site/app for the last 2 months, and haven't lost a pound. Granted, I have not been exercising, which I have changed this week. I began using the iPhone app "Couch to 10k" this week, and love it. I hope both of these can help me lose my 30 lbs by July.
I am confused about the calories.... if I burn them in a workout, it adds those to what I am supposed to eat. BUT, I thought you had to be at a 1000 cal deficit to lose a pound? I lost 30 lbs a few years ago by eating a 1400 cal diet and working out 4xweek (but gained back 20 of them when I stopped both). Now I am pretty religiously staying at 1200 cals, but am not sure why I am not losing ANYthing. Grrrr. Ideas? Help? Support? Confidence Boost?

:D <--- one "very tired", "very happy to be on Spring Break" teacher

Replies

• CountryGrrrrl
    Options
    Arg. I GAINED 2 lbs this week. Wtheck?
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're not eating enough of your exercise calories...I actually had to change my goal from 1200 to about 1470 and it got me losing again so it shouldn't hurt to change your goals especially since it worked for you before. Sometimes we gain water too due to that old TOM, but just stick with it... the work outs will help a lot with plenty of water. Feel free to add me if you like. You can do this...sometimes there's just a little something that we might be missing and other times our bodies just don't want to cooperate! Just take it one day at a time and never give up!!!:wink::wink:
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You need to burn 3500 calories to lose a pound. If you're already at a 1200 calorie/day limit, you should eat back at least some of your exercise calories. Also, the body eventually gets used to things, so if you've been at 1200 calories for a while, you should shake things up about once every two weeks and eat MORE than your limit- this will kick the metabolism into high gear because the calorie increase is unexpected. At least twice a month, I have a day where I'm about 1000 calories OVER my goal, and I've consistently been losing about 2 pounds a week. Good luck to you- you can do it!