Trader Joes

Options
Mangoaddict
Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
I :heart: Trader Joes. I think it deserves a thread of its own. Don't you think? Let's share all our trader joes food experiences, products, recipes etc. in this post. What you liked, disliked?

I just bought their homemade "bakery" granola and it is yum! I also love their naan bread.
I just can't get enough of the store.

Any other lovers of Trader Joes?

Replies

• Mangoaddict
    Options
    I :heart: Trader Joes. I think it deserves a thread of its own. Don't you think? Let's share all our trader joes food experiences, products, recipes etc. in this post. What you liked, disliked?

I just bought their homemade "bakery" granola and it is yum! I also love their naan bread.
    I just can't get enough of the store.

Any other lovers of Trader Joes?
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! Just went yesterday.

Egg white salad, both flavors
    Thai Joe's - Prig Khing Green Beans (throw in some shrimp)
    High Fiber Cereal
    Hebrew National 97% Lean Beef Franks (they have the best price)
  • Mangoaddict
    Options
    I love hebrew national franks! :heart:
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    I :heart: TJ's too. We have special food issues. I can always find something wheat/gluten, egg and dairy free for me and my son who is very allergic to dairy :heart: :heart: :heart: the soy yogurt.

chips and salsa.
    Wheat free waffles
    Soy delicious frozen dessert (this has to be Soy delicious rebranded as TJ's for a lot cheaper)
    Frozen chicken breasts
    soy nut butter (what else would I put on the waffles)
    Coffee
    Mango black tea (an awesome tea for sun tea)
    Silver Goat chevre (mmmmmm)
    Organic potatoes (b/c potatoes "hold onto" lots of pesticides this is one thing I always buy organic.)
    wine (selection and price)
    Frozen fruit (for smoothies.)
    Holiday goodies.

Organic rice pasta!!! How could I forget. I have that several times a week.. my usual packed lunch.
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    Organic Corn Chips! Yummy.

This should probably go into the receipes section, but I'll say it here.. Stuff you can get at trader joes

Organic Corn Chips
    Tortillas
    Can of Chill

Cook up the chilli, take a tortilla spoon a small size of chilli onto the tortilla and throw a few chips and toss a small amount of cheese. Roll it up, and eat. YUMMY!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I :heart: TJ! I am there at least twice a week! hehe

My favs are:

Roasted Veggie Enchiladas (frozen)
    Corn and Black Bean Enchiladas(Frozen)
    Chicken Salad
    Egg Salad
    Brown Rice California Rolls
    Mango Chicken Sausages
    Turkey Hot Dogs (REALLY good!!)
    Whole Wheat Hot Dog Buns
    Southwest Style Gourmet Flatbreads
    Sour Cream and Onion Rice Crisps (38 of them for 120 calories and YUMMY)
    Low Fat Honey Whole Wheat Pretzels
    Extra Lean Ground Beef Patties (150 cals and 5 g fat)
    Champagne/Pear/Gorgonzola Salad Dressing
    Pasta and Vegetable Medley (Frozen)
    Greens With Envy veggie mix (frozen)
    Apple Tarte Tatin (low fat and cal) in bakery area

There are more!! hehe
  • deneuve39
    deneuve39 Posts: 27
    Options
    Their pre-made salads are cheap and fantastic!
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm out of the loop...what is Trader Joes? Is it a grocery store? Is it a health food store? I've never heard of it.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Me either - what is it?
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Specialty store with all kinds of organic and interesting foods and health products. Premade hors d'oeuvres, stuffed lobsters, salads, special breads - awesome store!!!
  • momi
    momi Posts: 9
    Options
    I absolutely love Trader Joe's.

They have the best packaged salads, pearl tomatoes, shredded carrots, and crimini mushrooms...it's so easy to put all of it together and the end product comes out looking like salads that are served a nice restaurants.

I love the frozen chicken breasts. I think they come in a package of 6 to 8 breast...there's no thawing required, so it's really convenient! I just throw my seasoned chicken into a frying pan with a lil bit of PAM, cover it to cook thoroughly, then I take off the lid to brown it...very yummy and really close to having a grilled chicken! I love putting that on my salads!

I also love their brown basmati rice, stir-frys, mushroom risottos, edamame, individually packaged almonds snacks, wheat spahgetti...I can go on and on!!!

Trader Joe's is the BEST!!!
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    yes.. i too love trader joe's! :flowerforyou:

love their produce..
    lite string cheese
    fresh guacamole
    low-fat cat cookies
    orange/chocolate sticks
    raspberry/chocolate sticks

i am a sucker for their oatmeal cranberry dunkers, but i have not bought them nor looked at the nutrition facts for them since i started here.

:heart: :heart: :heart: trader joe's :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Specialty store with all kinds of organic and interesting foods and health products. Premade hors d'oeuvres, stuffed lobsters, salads, special breads - awesome store!!!

Thanks for the info. :smile: I wished we had something like that around here. It sounds really interesting.:flowerforyou:
  • snow7kids
    snow7kids Posts: 25
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's too...but I rarely go because it's a little out of my way. Our family LOVES the Hemp cereal (Not the pumpkin flavor one though). I love the frozen chocolate bananas....peanut butter filled pretzels are the bomb but those are not allowed in the house. Too many good things to mention!!

77449.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    We don't eat it, but it is a family tradition (9 years!) to get the holiday gingerbread house kit. What a bargain and so simple.