KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    My favorite name is jonathan.
    Very common haha.
    But I really like Hunter as well.
  • buffalogal1979
    buffalogal1979 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I know no one ever does this anymore, but I waited to meet my babies before I named them.
    I am a fan of the classics though: Christopher, James, William, Henry, David, Daniel, etc.
    You can never go wrong with a classic!
    Congrats!!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE HUGE HIGE fan of the show but still couldn't name my kid Dexter

Anyway forgot that I also like
    Wesley (Wes is super cute)
    and Miles

That would have been my boys pic, but Dh won out (Zachary it is...:)
  • SoFLYFireman
    SoFLYFireman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Name him Matthew :)
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I like traditional names, and names that are not highly fashionable too, as they tend to 'date' (I work in school nursing and I have NEVER met a child names Karen!!)

My son is names Joshua, so obviously I like that name, I also LOVE Noah, Mathew, Michael and Joseph (yepper, bible names I know) My daughter dated a Moses and I like that but would not choose it myself. I also love Finley, Felix and Harrison.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Out of the three you listed, I'd pick Dexter because it blends with Isaac the best IMHO.
    Just don't name him Christopher/Chris! :)

I'm a big fan of the classic names for boys - Michael, Matthew, Gabriel, Steven, Benjamin, Kenneth, John, James, Jack, David.

Harrison and Keaton are nice too.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Puke...because then there is no need to worry kids will rhyme it with something bad.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    quentin, quinsey, tristan =)

These are my two boys names Tristan and Quentin
  • BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Ritter.
  • BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    i used to like the name dylan but my friend stole it from me. i wanted jack, but my fiance thinks its too.. .idk. my friend likes Ritter.. (threes company fans over here of course) and i love charlie...

but maybe by tyhe time i have kids.. if i get to and have a boy... charlie wont automatically make everyone think of charlie sheen... mine would be after charlie chaplin.

my kids will be emily, cambria and probably charlie.
  • CorydonCutie
    CorydonCutie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I named my children very traditional names. Emily Alexandra, Jonathan Andrew and Jesse Thomas. I don't care for trendy names myself. There are several out there that I really like, I just wouldn't name my own children those. I really like the name Issac. Just make sure his initials don't spell out something weird like Timothy Issac Taylor, or Bradley Issac Baylor.
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Not trying to offend anyone but I get tired of hearing all these strange made up combination names. I think there are a lot of people that name their kids strange things just so they can say that there names are different. Do they really stop to thinking about if the kid is going to be able to spell his name by the 2nd grade, or how that child is going to feel having to stand up and introduce himself, or how the name will sound being announced over a loud speaker...

What happened to normal kids names... Brian, Jeffery, Jack, Henry, David, or Matthew... My husband and I have already decided if we have a boy we will name him Jeffery Kent using both our dad's first names...
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I love Eli... if I hadn't named my son after his dad, it would have been Elijah and we would have called him Eli for short. I have always loved that name. Hunter is also a great name, but my other favorite is Noah.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    My son is Charles David III. We called him Tripp (since he's a third) as a nickname figuring that when he got older he could pick any combination of the three he liked. He's decided on Tripp. :smile:

I also like Zane, Chad and William. I say be wary of choosing a name that is all the rage now. Thinking of all of the girls named Heather and boys named Michael when I was in school and the rash of McKenzies and Dylans out there now all at about the same age. While I agree with a previous poster that made up names are really getting out of hand, you also don't want your child to be one a bunch of kids in his class who all have the same name.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Eli is a great name. Personal favourite is Dominic, although that would sound weird with Isaac. I also like Christian as a boy's name! (But not for religions reasons)
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Victor
    Magnus
    Daniel
  • AmyBrenn
    AmyBrenn Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ahh, my feelings are hurt talking about Kaiden being played out. For the record, we picked that name before we knew how popular it was. :) My son's name is Kaiden August, the August after his great grandpa Melvin August (see why we went with August?).

Kaiden means warrior! My son survived two brain surgeries, chemotherapy and radiation to defeat a nasty cancerous brain tumor! He is definitely a WARRIOR!!!

Oh and I like:
    Kai Logan for a boys name.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    well since names are so personal giving you one would be very hit or miss.

however, if you really like the name Isaac for the middle name i would suggest that the first name have either 1 or 3 syllables since having two names with two syllables in a row might sound "sing-songy" and i would also suggest that the first name NOT start with a vowel sound since the middle name already does. when names are more dynamic they (in my opinion) have a better ring to them

have i made it complicated enough already??

LOL! A little! But I feel ya!
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I'm the opposite- I'd totally choose Dexter b/c I loooove the show. In fact if I ever was pg again with a boy, I'd name him Dexter. I just love the nickname Dex as well.
    Harrison is also cute as well and different.

Lol! That where I got the name from! I hope he isn't a cereal killer!
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Congratulations on your baby boy!

I think Kaiden, Brayden, Hayden, Aiden (you get the idea) is played out. A lot of people around me have named their babies one of those names, but maybe where you are, it's not as popular.

My best friend just named her baby boy Wesley and calls him Wes.

I love Liam, Jace, Jackson, Perry, Jameson.

Much luck to you!!

I agree and he will have a cousin named Caden.