Looking for Accountability Partners Over 50 =)

Options
Hi there,
I recently turned 50 and would love to hook up with others my age who understand what happens to our bodies as we get older. I suddenly woke up one day (lol) with a spare tire around my waist. Love tracking my calories in and calories out with myfitnesspal.
Even got my husband doing it.
-Stephanie =)

Replies

• Debbisue52
    Debbisue52 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am 58 and have lost 12 lbs since joining here February 27th. Nice to meet you!
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I just turned 51 yesterday.
    Welcome to MFB, this is a great site with very supportive people. You'll like it!
    Ruth
    Seattle
  • yorklake
    yorklake Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 55 and never had to watch my weight until I went into menopause. What a bummer! I have gained 10 lbs and am struggling to lose these extra pounds. I just started using this site so time will tell. I have also been working with a healthy lifestyle coach. Women over 50 havevery significant metabolic changes and readjusting is going to be difficult. I have always eaten healthy I have found that my portion sizes needed to be adjusted. I am still working on finding a excersize routine that I can stick to.
  • rileymax07
    rileymax07 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am reaching for 50... and still know how that "age" monster can get an "older" body. Feel free to add me. :) Good luck on your journey!!!
  • smigdol
    smigdol Posts: 5
    Options
    Great to connect with all of you. Friend requests sent =)
    This menopause stuff is for the birds! Growing up you hear about it, but until you get there you don't even know what you are in for. I just know that I don't want to give in to it. Congrats ladies on losing 12 and 18 lbs! That's awesome. I look forward to keeping in touch.
  • Debbisue52
    Debbisue52 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I had a complete hysterectomy a year ago due to endometrial cancer. They told me I was already menopausal but since having the hysterectomy I have noticed more hot flashes and stuff like that. So there must have been some hormones still floating around in there....lol! My Mom always told me that it was harder to lose weight the older you get and I never listened. But...she was right. It is harder but...it can be done! My weight has been up and down for so long I am not sure when my struggle even started. But I am ready to kick some weight loss *kitten* and this has given me a great start! I have started exercising....something I have never been able to stick to over the years...and I have been getting better at it and more fit! The food diary feature is great...it is helping me learn how to eat healthier and keep track. Good luck with your journey! It's all up to you and how badly you want it. Nice to see some "over 50" people here along with all my "younger" friends!
  • Pogobean
    Pogobean Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey all, also had a hysterectomy due to cervical cancer so I feel your pain. On a patch now that helps a lot, based on plant not animal. I just joined this site and I'm headed for 53 this year and it would be nice to have some "older" friends to sympathize with. Feel free to "friend"!!