Need a low sodium dinner

Options
Hello fellow MFPers,

I had more sodium than normal for luch today so I need something for dinner that has very little sodium. HELP!

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Use all natural ingredients. :) Like Grilled Chicken & Asparagus.....and for dessert you can make baked apples (apples, cinnamon & honey)
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    My low sodium go to is spaghetti squash with no salt added diced tomatoes. even some whole wheat pasta's have little or no sodium. add some fresh turkey breast pieces and a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    we are having grilled pork chops and salad
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    Salad? I always have a salad 1 meal a day so if I go out for lunch then i have a salad for dinner with dressing on the side.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    homemade grilled chicken salad, no dressing :smile:
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    low sodium means going to the naturals, veggies and chicken/turkey but watch the prepacked chicken as sometimes they are injected with salted water to make them look plumper and more appetizing.
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    my go to "low sodium" meal is a turkey burger seasoned with mrs. dash and onion powder and some form of veggie (not canned).
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    chicken with mrs dash ,pictsweet frozen asparagus and a side of applesauce !!
  • whitesoup12
    Options
    For a good low sodium meal, I like to go with a mixed fruit protein smoothie. GNC Gold Standard Whey Strawberry flavored protein with orange, pineapple, banana, and 1/4 cup Dannon Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt. De-lish!
  • Kaylalovewell
    Options
    Thanks everybody! It's time to go to the grocery store! I have some leftover baked chicken so I think I will mix some of that in with a salad :)
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    For a good low sodium meal, I like to go with a mixed fruit protein smoothie. GNC Gold Standard Whey Strawberry flavored protein with orange, pineapple, banana, and 1/4 cup Dannon Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt. De-lish!

I definitely second this! if it's too sweet for you, I'd use non-fat plain greek yogurt. and as Whitesoup says: DE-LISH! ^_^