Help! Tone Arms and Decrease Jiggle!!!

Options
Hello!!! I've been doing MFP for about 4 weeks now. Loooovvvvvin' it. Have lost 11lbs and can't wait to reach my goal of losing 73lbs. So far, I've only been doing cardio for exercisie. I've seen so many success stories and have noticed arms being really heavy before, but slim down and still look nice. I'm afraid of losing weight and my arms still being all jiggly. Any advice on some exercises for the under arm/ tricep area. Basically, for the entire arm. I want some nice looking arms when I'm done!!! I appreciate any advice.

Everyone keep up the great work, seeing all of your success is what keeps me going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bump, I'm interested also
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    bump
  • INKSFITNESS
    Options
    Google bat wing exercises! lol Here are some from Livestrong:
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/130749-exercises-flabby-arms-bat/
  • LOVEthighSELF
    LOVEthighSELF Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pchann
    pchann Posts: 84
    Options
    The back part of the upper arm is the triceps. It's the largest muscle in your arms...yes bigger than the glamorous biceps :) You can google tricep exercises but basically when you are pushing away with your arms you are engaging the triceps, example pushups. If you can't do a bunch of pushups start lighter. Lean against a wall at a 45 degree angle and do pushups. If you can't do at least 12 reps then make it easier. Simple resistance bands work very well for a lot of folks.
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Get some free weights. These are awesome for toning your arms. Tamilee Webb had a great workout video called I Want That Body that has 2 great arms workouts. Simple work with free weights can make a huge difference. Tricep dips and kickbacks are great for the backs of your arms.
  • kyndra87
    kyndra87 Posts: 20
    Options
    before I gained all of my weight back...I was doing Turbo Jam: Turbo Sculpt...its like 40 min long but oh so worth it....my arms were so awesome! lol! I actually lost that DVD and I am about to order another one off of Amazon.com...but since I haven't had it, what I've been doing is taking some 5 lb weights, extend my arms on each side and just lift them up and down..those are called butterflies....I usually do 3 sets of 15 reps....then after that i take some 8 lb weights and do some simple bicep curls, 3 sets of 15 as well....and then the last exercise I do is let my hands (with the weights in hand of course) fall to my sides and I just push backwards in small pushes, 3 sets of 15....I've been doing this routine for the last 2 weeks and my arms are looking great!!! Hope this works for ya! :)
  • KClarke861
    KClarke861 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'v been doing Julian Michael's Shred-It with Weights for about two weeks and I can already feel definition in my arms and shoulders. This workout is awesome because it uses Kettlebells. You can pick the video up from Walmart for under $10 and I also purchased Kettlebells from there as well. I use a 10lb blue Kettlebell (also from Walmart) for most exercises and a 5 lb pink for the exercise that has you swinging the Kettlebell back onto your wrist. Kettlebell exercises not only tone, but also offer a great cardio workout at the same time.

Hope this helps!

P.S. You might also find this article interesting.
    http://www.ehow.com/list_7548070_benefits-kettle-bells.html

KC
  • kyndra87
    kyndra87 Posts: 20
    Options
    By the way.....The butterfly routine and the last routine that I mentioned works on your triceps!
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    The best and basic exercises for toned arms (please google each one to find out how to perform and for proper form; otherwise message me and I'll let you know)

Bicep Curls (works biceps and forearms)
    Tricep Kickbacks (works muscle in back of upper arm). Use dumbbells and a band if you have one.
    Tricep Extensions (works muscle in back of upper arm). Use dumbbells and a band if you have one.
    Tricep Dips
    Plank (aim for unmodified plank, on hands and toes)
    Push-Ups (modified are okay)
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    To tone - remember lower weight & more reps!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    bump.

also if anyone knows waht to do to help with the under-arm section, i'd LOVE to knw that!
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options

THIS IS A MYTH.

low weight and high reps will not help tone your muscle.

Tone is created by losing fat. You lose fat by having a good diet and doing cardio. Strenght trainig builds and strenghtens muscles. Doing high reps low weight training is not strenght training , it is closer to a cardio exercise and is a waste of time in general.

If you are going to do strenght training do it right, 3 set of 8-12 reps, at a weigh where your last reps are difficult to accomplish.

So to answer the OP, the best way to lose under arm jiggle is to lose more fat! The best way to burn fat is lots of cardio and a good diet. Strenght training along with that will make you stronger and add muscle that will help keep the fat off once it is gone. Don't worry about bulking up, women don't tend to bulk up like men do.
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options

THIS IS A MYTH.

low weight and high reps will not help tone your muscle.

Tone is created by losing fat. You lose fat by having a good diet and doing cardio. Strenght trainig builds and strenghtens muscles. Doing high reps low weight training is not strenght training , it is closer to a cardio exercise and is a waste of time in general.

If you are going to do strenght training do it right, 3 set of 8-12 reps, at a weigh where your last reps are difficult to accomplish.

So to answer the OP, the best way to lose under arm jiggle is to lose more fat! The best way to burn fat is lots of cardio and a good diet. Strenght training along with that will make you stronger and add muscle that will help keep the fat off once it is gone. Don't worry about bulking up, women don't tend to bulk up like men do.
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have been carrying 1 lb hand weights throughout my cardio exercises and have noticed a significant difference in the size and tone of my upper arms - actually my husband noticed first, which is great!