Really Bad Today...

Options
Go I'm feeling some guilt even though I shouldn't. I'm at work. I've had an orange for breakfast and low-fat Cheezits for a snack. However for lunch I'm at work and I allowed the cafeteria to grill me a cheese in addition to a grilled chicken sandwich. I've only had 800 caloriesish according to MFP, but I still feel awful about it.

Replies

• SK24373
    SK24373 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey Paul. There is something about your spirit that makes me want to root really hard for you. I think it is great that you shared your feelings. If you already ate the grilled cheese, then you need to "let it go". Can you think about maybe bringing your lunch in tomorrow so help avoid temptation? Go for an extra long walk when you get home. Beating yourself up never helps. I am glad you are being tough on yourself but if you can, try to learn from it and make a healthier choice tonight at dinner and tomorrow. Don't let one setback take you off course. You are doing great.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    And if you didnt eat it, then there is nothing lost by not eating it. If you did eat it, chalk it up to a learning experience and move on from there. Maybe do some exercising to add to your calories for the day so you can not feel so guilty...
  • paul87920
    paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hey Paul. There is something about your spirit that makes me want to root really hard for you. I think it is great that you shared your feelings. If you already ate the grilled cheese, then you need to "let it go". Can you think about maybe bringing your lunch in tomorrow so help avoid temptation? Go for an extra long walk when you get home. Beating yourself up never helps. I am glad you are being tough on yourself but if you can, try to learn from it and make a healthier choice tonight at dinner and tomorrow. Don't let one setback take you off course. You are doing great.

I'm trying not to be extremely hard on myself, it's just become a little extra of a hurdle for me since joining this website because OCD runs in the family. I've never been diagnosed with it myself, but I've never considered getting checked out for it. I won't lie. I think about the calories meticulously. Thinking about them and adding them and balancing out my day.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    We all have setbacks. Don't be so hard on yourself. Use the bad feelings to your advantage & as a learning experience. As SK24373 said ... let it go!
  • giggles1973
    giggles1973 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    yum... sounds yummy lol. I have found the easiest way is to plan out breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Log it all in in the morning and only pack what you need. That's just me :) And I pretty much eat the same thing everyday lol If I'm not constantly thinking about what to eat and thinking about the calories then I find it a lot easier :) But I must say I am very jealous about the grilled cheese...that's my favorite. However you seem to be doing awsome so don't even let it get you down :)
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I ate a grilled cheese today too!!! I put it on wheat so it made it a little better. Plus I am going to the gym for an intense 60 minute workout, and have eaten nothing but completely healthy foods otherwise. As long as you aren't chowing down on Snickers for snacks and Burger King for supper, I think you'll be ok. Eating a little something extra once in awhile isn't bad for you. It's just knowing that it's about moderation and not doing it every day! Good luck!!! :happy:
  • a_freeman
    a_freeman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    800 calories does not seem out of line through lunch. Have a salad and chicken breast for dinner and count today as a good day
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking an orange is not quite enough for a breakfast, maybe if you ate a bit more in the morning then you wouldn't be tempted by the foods you deem "bad" at lunch time.
  • EdAmundson
    Options
    I have been doing the binge/purge thing for about a week now. Net loss .2 lbs. But the good news is now I am coming under control again. And had a net loss. Dude relax and don't get too stressed or your emotions will pull you out of the diet and you will just quit. We all mess up and make mistakes. Someone once told me, "if you dropped a dish in your kitchen, in desperation would you break all the rest of them?":happy:
  • paul87920
    Options
    I'm thinking an orange is not quite enough for a breakfast, maybe if you ate a bit more in the morning then you wouldn't be tempted by the foods you deem "bad" at lunch time.

I agree. I usually prepare my food for the next day when I'm not coming in at 1am. Orange was what I grabbed as I was running out my door at 8:30.
  • paul87920
    Options
    I have been doing the binge/purge thing for about a week now. Net loss .2 lbs. But the good news is now I am coming under control again. And had a net loss. Dude relax and don't get too stressed or your emotions will pull you out of the diet and you will just quit. We all mess up and make mistakes. Someone once told me, "if you dropped a dish in your kitchen, in desperation would you break all the rest of them?":happy:

Your insight was very helpful. I can do it, and so can you. If you ever want support feel free to message me or friend me.