tracking bites of this and that????

I know we all do it! But does anyone track calories for taking a bit of this or a taste of that????? I was picking up McDonalds for my daughter and on the way home...I ate 3 french fries and 2 spoofuls of a snack size mcflurry. How would you track calories for something like this? I hate to say it but I've done it here and there and just did not put calories in.

Replies

• ashey1
    ashey1 Posts: 36
    if i do i just try to leave a few spare at the end of the day, or if i have spare i dont delibratly eat them..
    its so hard sometimes not to have the bite here n there
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    I've wondered this too. I don't keep track. Should I?
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    I do, even if the shame factor keeps me from logging what the food actually was. If I don't, I'll forget I did it and - heaven forbid - do the same thing later that night. Yeah, I got some Issues.

Also, I find it really educational to go and look up the calorie count for stuff like that. Heck of a reality check. I think, wow, is it really worth twenty minutes of cardio spent not hanging out with my family for that fistful of french fries? And hey, sometimes it is, right? But not as often as it used to be.
  • hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Bits of this and that eg a handful of cereal, a few nuts, a few grapes....
    I make an estimate under quick add calories but I know I underestimate as I have so often had a handful of something thinking it was just a few cal, then another handful a few mire days and the whole pack is gone ooops

I think the way around it is to weigh out your rations of this and that at the start if the day. I CBa to do that though
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    All those nibbles can sure add up so what I do is just put in quick calories. If I thought it was 50 calories I will put 100 because we usually grossly underestimate.
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Sometimes I'll add in 100 or so quick calories depending on what I've had.
  • cast59
    cast59 Posts: 77 Member
    They say to keep track of everything that passes your lips. It all adds up and at the end of the day you feel you have done well but really you havent. Especially fast foods they are mostly high in calories. I would just estimate an amount. Like 1/8 of the McFlurry or even a 1/16 of the fries or something and you will see even at that you have eaten quite a few calories. Just my opinion. Good luck. Hope it helps.
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    TRACK EVERYTHING!!!
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    I try not to take bites here and there, but I add every single thing that I eat, even if it's 1 little teddy graham or something. Little things can add up to be big things sometimes.
  • Isa25
    Isa25 Posts: 46
    All those nibbles can sure add up so what I do is just put in quick calories. If I thought it was 50 calories I will put 100 because we usually grossly underestimate.

Agreed! Those nibbles DO add up over the course of the day. I always estimate them (or figure out a fraction of what it would be) and put them in. Plus, I always used to be a bit of a "grazer" - where I would take littles bites of lots of things throughout the day... but doing this has actually made me stop since I have to go take the time to log everything!
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    THANKS FOR THE REPLIES!