APRIL MILES CHALLENGE!

Options
Hey everyone,

Welcome to a new month! It's time to track some new miles!

TeamLeela and I have a great new idea for this month...TEAMS!

Every 4 people to sign up before April 5th are a team and each time is competing against EACH OTHER. The team with the most miles this month gets to decide the following month's challenge!
Whatta ya say?! A friendly competition never hurt anyone!

We'll be using this formula to track the group's progress:

____(My PERSONAL Miles) + ______ (Previous TEAM Miles) = _______ (New TEAM Miles TOTAL)

Example: 2.50 (My PERSONAL Miles) + 50 (Previous TEAM Miles) = 52.50 (New TEAM Miles TOTAL)

*Please appoint one person from your team to track your group total.
*Every group should post their totals every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Runners, Walkers, Swimmers and Eliptical(ers?) all welcome to join.

GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• queenstatus
    queenstatus Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • SKelley1218
    SKelley1218 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey, Is this group only open to people who are members or can new people join?
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Starting Bridge to 10K next week so this will be a good way to make sure I go running. Im in!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Hey, Is this group only open to people who are members or can new people join?

Oh, ALL are welcome! Hello!
  • shouts12
    shouts12 Posts: 87
    Options
    I'll play! Love the elliptical (5 miles tonight), but I'm hopeful to try real running when the weather finally improves, and that will really test me...
  • SKismet
    SKismet Posts: 137
    Options
    I would love to join, but I have so much trouble getting to the gym AND am just starting to do cardio other than stationary biking, I feel like I would be a bit of a handicap to my team. :embarassed: I so wish I had some kind of cardio machine at home! (The weather is NOT cooperating right now for me to think about just saying I would walk outside.)
  • bethjillian
    Options
    I would like to do this too! But I am not sure what I need to do? Just log my miles here? Sorry I am a little slow!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    looks like I'm the start of team 3?? Can't wait to start!
  • ldykema
    ldykema Posts: 18
    Options
    I'd love to join... but would it be cheating if I'm already a runner? I'm running a marathon in 8 weeks (my first since having kids!).
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I would like to do this too! But I am not sure what I need to do? Just log my miles here? Sorry I am a little slow!

I'll post the official teams on Monday the 4th (waiting for more people to join so we have more competing teams).

Basically, you just keep track of your miles finished and check in Monday, Wednesday and Friday with your progress.

A week should look something like this:

MONDAY: 3 (MY miles) + 50 (Previous TEAM TOTAL miles) = 53 (New TEAM TOTAL miles)

WEDNESDAY: 5 (MY miles) + 53 (Previous TEAM TOTAL miles) = 58 (New TEAM TOTAL miles)

FRIDAY: 2 (MY miles) + 58 (Previous TEAM TOTAL miles) = 60 (New TEAM TOTAL miles)

Make sense? Does anyone else have any ideas to improve the formula? I'm all ears!

We can either post individually using that formula or have one teammate keep track for everyone. I personally like the idea of checking in individually since it's a lot to keep track of and it holds us accountable to check in M, W, F. WHat do you guys think?
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I'm in again this month.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options

I'll post the official teams on Monday the 4th (waiting for more people to join so we have more competing teams).

Basically, you just keep track of your miles finished and check in Monday, Wednesday and Friday with your progress.

A week should look something like this:

MONDAY: 3 (MY miles) + 50 (Previous TEAM TOTAL miles) = 53 (New TEAM TOTAL miles)

WEDNESDAY: 5 (MY miles) + 53 (Previous TEAM TOTAL miles) = 58 (New TEAM TOTAL miles)

FRIDAY: 2 (MY miles) + 58 (Previous TEAM TOTAL miles) = 60 (New TEAM TOTAL miles)

Make sense? Does anyone else have any ideas to improve the formula? I'm all ears!

We can either post individually using that formula or have one teammate keep track for everyone. I personally like the idea of checking in individually since it's a lot to keep track of and it holds us accountable to check in M, W, F. WHat do you guys think?

I think we should post individually on whatever day we complete miles. I tend to forget to log if I dont do it the same day.

Maybe we could come up with group names so when we post we wont post miles to the wrong team. So, in the formula it should state "TEAM HOTTIE TOTAL"

Just a suggestion, I will go with whatever you decide.

Are we using the miles completed April 1st-3rd or miles completed beginning April 4th?
  • SenseAtional
    Options
    Count me in!
  • Toniknox71
    Toniknox71 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I am in again with my personal goal being 75 miles this month!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    So just so I'm clear, none of the miles from the weekend will count. We will start counting miles on Monday once all the teams have been established?
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    I love the idea of team names. Once the teams are formed, the members of each group can collective decide a name.
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Can I join! I love this idea!
  • Irene_1
    Irene_1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Count me in.