APPETITE SUPPRESSANT!!!

lvrn09
lvrn09 Posts: 13
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
I struggle at work (desk job). Low activity level and boredom = hunger. I FINALLY have discovered that sipping on tea is the best appetite suppressant. Water never did it for me, gum made me even more hungry! A 1/2 tsp of sugar is 8 calories so if you don't like the bitter taste add some sugar (unless you're a diabetic then don't do that). There are tons of flavored teas too plus tea has antioxidants and caffeine which boosts your metabolism :-) I highly recommend sipping on some tea if you have a desk job and are feeling hungry.

Happy dieting :-)

Replies

• 4Calix
    4Calix Posts: 38
    I've been addicted to peppermint tea lately - When I'm feeling the need for that "comfort food" I make a cup of tea and it really does help :) Have a fantastic day!!!
  • Kjarlune
    Kjarlune Posts: 178
    Nice thanks for the tip....
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Hot tea is often my sweet before bed snack... I like plain old black, cinnamon flavored or vanilla chai tea, I use sweet & low and a touch of milk or sometimes the sugar free flavored creamers (which will bring up the calories to about 40/cup as I use 2.5 tbs for a 16 ounce cup)

:drinker:
  • cast59
    cast59 Posts: 77 Member
    I add a concentrated green tea supplement to my water. It seems to work for me and green tea has does alot of good things for you and number 1 being weight loss>>> and who cant use a little extra weight loss!!!
  • istutzman
    istutzman Posts: 64
    Thanks, I will start doing that.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    I also use tea for this reason. If I find myself wanting to eat when I shouldn't be hungry - I go for the tea first and then reassess the situation. I like the bitter - so it's straight up green tea for me (and sometimes just straight up black if I don't mind having the caffeine). I'll do the flavored herbals every once in awhile, but always go back to the green tea.
  • If you're not a tea drinker like me, then try Green Tea tablets. 2 every morning with breakfast definately helps!!
  • NattyBo
    NattyBo Posts: 41
    Someone at work microwaves fish every day around lunch time...works like a charm for me ;)
  • chrissyv1024
    chrissyv1024 Posts: 97 Member
    Yogi tea makes a blueberry green tea that is called "Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life" . It's pretty good and I don't add anything to it! There is also a pomagrante green tea that is pretty good as well.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Someone at work microwaves fish every day around lunch time...works like a charm for me ;)
    :laugh:
  • 4Calix
    4Calix Posts: 38

LOL :) that would definitely work
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    I've been addicted to peppermint tea lately - When I'm feeling the need for that "comfort food" I make a cup of tea and it really does help :) Have a fantastic day!!!

A few years back I went nuts and bout about six different types of mint plants so I could enjoy mint tea year round from my garden. BEST money I ever spent. The stuff spreads like weeds (because mint is). I have more than I can use when I harvest and dry it every fall. :-D

My favorites are apple-mint and chocolate-mint.
  • sheetsofheaven
    sheetsofheaven Posts: 57 Member
    green tea works for me too! i make it into iced tea and add a splenda for sweetness.....gets me through till dinner!
  • munchkinettes
    munchkinettes Posts: 22 Member
    I'm addicted to tea, too. I always have a cup at night before bed when I'm hungry, but don't want to eat anything. Trader Joes has Candy Cane Tea, but they only carry it around December. It's so yummy!
This discussion has been closed.