New Juicer!

Options
I just bought a juicer and am LOVING it. I thought I'd ask you all what your favourite juices are for some inspiration. So far, I would say mine is pineapple and spinach ... surprisingly!

Replies

• hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    oooo I so want to hear some ideas...
  • crystal10584
    Options
    I like carrot mango. :)
  • BethG39
    BethG39 Posts: 17
    Options
    Ooh! I've been wanting to buy a juicer since I read "Crazy Sexy Diet"! Haven't taken the plunge yet!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I prefer to make juices, smoothies, etc. with my VitaMix. Instead of just juice, that throws away all the "pulp" which is full of beneficial vitamins and minerals, it uses whole foods. You get all the benefits of the foods you puree and don't throw anything away.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Purple/red grapes! I have a smoothie maker, but we used to have a juicer as well when I lived with my mum. I looove grapes, so juiced they're delicious! And apples... a lot nicer and different to apple juice you buy in a shop!

Seems like it'd be healthier to have a smoothie maker though, as with juicing you're throwing away lots of the fruits?
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I prefer to make juices, smoothies, etc. with my VitaMix. Instead of just juice, that throws away all the "pulp" which is full of beneficial vitamins and minerals, it uses whole foods. You get all the benefits of the foods you puree and don't throw anything away.

This is kinda what I meant :happy:
  • LyonInLondon
    LyonInLondon Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yes, my friend said that about having a juicer and losing the fibre because you're getting rid of all the pulp. She just adds a bit back into her juice ... think I'll do the same! Thanks for the advice ... and oh yes, I do also have a blender for smoothies. I use both depending on what I'm making.