crazy sweet tooth

Options
what snacks can i have that are low in carbs and high protein that can curb my sweet tooth.
i always crave chocolate and peanut butter aka reeses bcuz its my fav candy ever.
so anything i can eat without feeling so guilty and not going into my daily carb n proten fix...
plz help asap thanks

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    chocolate ricotta cheese treat

1 cup skim, part skim, low fat (or what ever ricotta cheese)

Mix in hersheys cocoa powder to taste (I use 2 Tbl of dark)

Add Slenda, other low cal sweetener or sugar (higher in calories) to taste (I use 8 tsps)

Makes 3 1/3 cup servings - depending on how much you eat. I usually eat 1/2 of that.

With sugar 1/3 cup is about 170 calories
    with splenda a whole lot less!

Protein and Chocolate!!!!!!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    The only thing that will really get rid of your sweet tooth is to cut out refined sugar and refined carbs. It only took me a week without sugar to kill my sweet tooth. I cut out sugar back in January and now I can have a cupcake or soda or a piece of candy and I can be satisfied, I don't need more.
  • KES519
    KES519 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have same problem. I eat Fiber One 90 Calorie bars. They have a chocolate peanut butter one- it's great! Kellogg has a good variety of them too. I ate a fresh fruit cup today for lunch, just didn't match the satisfaction a nice chocolate bar would have given me though... lol!
  • sadkins143
    sadkins143 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    When I was doing the Atkins Diet, one of the things he mentioned in his book is to grab a handful of peanuts when you have a sweet craving. The nuts are a good source of protein and have a natural sweetness that comes through as you chew them. It always worked for me.

Also, I am currently working with a trainer that has me on a high protein, low carb diet and he has me eating raw almonds and/or walnuts during the day. If you find good almonds they also have a natural sweetness...I eat them after lunch or when I have a sweet craving.

Good luck!!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    There's a post just above or below yours that has the Best sweet tooth snack ever, and its perfect for you too since youre a reeese's addict (I always have to have something in my chocolate, love sweets but not a fan of plain chocolate)

It was a slice of wheat bread, 1 tsp Nutella & 1tsp Peanut Butter

Nutella is a chocolate&hazelbut spread. I became addicted to it as a child when my dad was stationed in Germany (common in europe) it was IMPOSSIBLE to find outside of the PX/BX state side until my early teens. Now you can get it everywhere and in bulk at costco